Nonprofits are trusted spaces in our communities and we must ensure that they have the tools they need to participate in voter engagement while continuing to be above the political fray. To honor this need, Community Votes, Nonprofit New York, and Nonprofit VOTE have partnered together to create the 2022 Voter Engagement Toolkit for 501(c)3 organizations.
The 2022 Nonprofit Voter Engagement Toolkit serves as a guide for nonprofits to effectively educate and mobilize their communities for civic engagement. This toolkit includes checklists, FAQs, and sample content for nonprofits to encourage voting in their community and network!
Last year, organizations who participated in a training using this toolkit turned out voters for the New York City primary election at a rate 15% higher than other voters in the City. Check out the Toolkit to find out all the ways your nonprofit can get more people out for this year’s election.
Interested in just one tool? Click on the links in blue to download the individual file!
Nonprofit Nonpartisan Power
- [Checklist] Staying Nonpartisan: Permissible Election Activities...
- [Checklist] Seven Reasons to do Voter Registration
- [Guide] Dos and Don’ts: Federal Funds and Voter Registration
- [FAQ] HIPAA and Civic Engagement at Health Centers
- Nonpartisan Education Resources
Resources for Voters
- [Pocket Guide] New York State Voting Facts
- [Guide] Timeline: New York State Election Timeline
- [FAQ] Researching Candidates
- [FAQ] Becoming a Poll Worker
- Shareable Social Media Graphics
Resources for Staff
- [FAQ] New York State Voter Registration
- [FAQ] New York State Elections
- [Guide] Planning and Running a Voter Registration Drive
- [Template] Sample Emails: Reminders to Register to Vote…
- [Template] Pledge to Vote
- [Training] Nonprofit New York Elections
- [Discussion Guide] Income and Taxes
- [Discussion Guide] Demographics and Political Representation
- [Discussion Guide] Voter Registration and Turnout