News of coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing quickly and Nonprofit New York has a lot planned for March. The health and safety of our community is of utmost importance to us. So out of an abundance of caution, Nonprofit New York is postponing or moving online all meetings and events intended to be held in person in the month of March.
Mayor de Blasio has asked that New Yorkers consider telecommuting where possible and for those who take the subways at rush hour to consider commuting to work via other means of transportation. We’re also increasingly hearing of organizations restricting their employees’ travel and attendance at large events.
We will be reaching out to participants signed up for our upcoming programs and events with additional information and instructions:
- Learning Labs: will be moved online, where possible.
- In-person workshops: will be moved online, where possible.
- Webinars: will proceed as scheduled.
- Annual Meeting of Members: we will move the business portion of our meeting online and will postpone the discussion around the launch of our Campaign to Advance Nonprofits to a later time.
Our team is monitoring these issues and we thank you for your patience in this process. In the meantime, here are some tips to help stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Communicate possible exposure: Communicate to those you are meeting with whether you have recently traveled to a level 2 (Japan) or level 3 (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea) country within the last two weeks as well as possible exposure to coronavirus to you, someone in your home, or anyone else you’ve come into close contact with.
- Reduce overcrowding: Telecommute to work, if at all possible. Avoid getting on overcrowded trains or buses.
- Protect others: If you’re not feeling well, please stay home. Contact your healthcare provider if you exhibit any of these symptoms: fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, and runny nose. Before going to your appointment, let them know about possible exposure.
- Stay healthy: Wash your hands with soap and water often; avoid touching your face with unwashed hands; cough or sneeze into your arm. Click here for additional basic preventive tips from the World Health Organization.
Let’s be kind and stay safe,
Your friends at Nonprofit New York