News of coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing very quickly and we're hearing a lot about how it continues to impact our communities and others around the world. We've put together this webpage to help gather and share important updates, facts, and resources. We hope you're staying healthy and being kind to one another.
Timeline & Updates
- May 31, 2021: Paycheck Protection Program ended. Existing borrowers may be eligible for PPP loan forgiveness. SBA also offers additional COVID-19 relief.
- May 5, 2021: The New York Health and Essential Rights Act (NY HERO Act) signed into law. The purpose is to protect employees against exposure and disease by mandating extensive new workplace health and safety protections.
- April 28, 2021: The White House released the American Families Plan, a $1.8 trillion proposal to provide free education, paid family and medical leave, subsidized child care, and other proposals that would impact the nonprofit sector.
- March 11, 2021: President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan. Read the National Council of Nonprofits’ analysis.
- January 13, 2021: SBA began accepting applications for Second Draw PPP Loans.
- December 27, 2020: $900 billion pandemic relief bill signed by President Trump. Read our statement and analysis.
- May 15, 2020: The House of Representative passed the HEROES Act. Read our statement and analysis, where we've looked at how our Congressional recommendation fared in the HEROES Act.
- March 27, 2020: CARES Act passed, view Nonprofit New York's Nonprofit Analysis of the Federal CARES Act.
- March 20, 2020: MOCS issued guidance for human services providers.
- March 13, 2020: The President declared a national emergency in response to the growing COVID-19 pandemic, invoking powers under the Stafford Act.
- Pulse Poll Report 1
- Pulse Poll Report 2
- Impact Briefing
- Policy Updates
- Knowledge Center Resources
- Check out coronavirus.gov for updates from the White House's COVID-19 Task Force.
- Go to cdc.gov for detailed information about COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Visit covid-sb.org, the official federal resource website for U.S. small businesses affected by COVID-19.
- New York Governor's Office Executive Orders or New York Governor’s Office News for important New York state news.
- New York City Mayor’s Office Newsfor important New York City updates.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy’s COVID-19 Coronavirus Report
- The Lawyers Alliance for New York issues important COVID-19 related legal alerts
- The Human Services Council’s COVID-19 Resources for Human Services Providers
- UST’s COVID-19 Employer Toolkit
- Hester Street Guide for Nonprofit Capital Projects During Covid-19 Pandemic
- National Council of Nonprofits Summary of Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant are grants for small businesses, nonprofits, and venues, which can provide eligible applicants with grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million.
- Lender Match is a free online tool that connects small businesses with SBA-approved lenders.
- The Unemployed Workers Project has relaunched in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Through the initiative, trained English and Spanish speaking attorneys will provide free advice to New Yorkers who find themselves unemployed due to COVID-19 and would like to learn more about unemployment and other government benefits for unemployed workers. Contact the hotline at 347-521-5720 or complete an interest form.
- The Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Relief Alliance was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. They share a common goal of providing free, timely, practical legal advice to struggling small businesses and nonprofits, including basic advice on navigating loan and grant programs. Learn more. Thinking of reaching out? Get a head start by completing this intake form.
- New York Lawyers for the Public Interest's Small Business Paycheck Protection Program: This program connects organization's with volunteer lawyers for brief assistance in applying for loans under the SBA PPP. Determine if they can assist your organization by completing their Nonprofit Organization Survey.
- Lawyers Alliance, with support from its volunteer partners and Pro Bono Net, is launching free virtual employment consultations for its current and recent clients. To request a consultation, complete their intake form.
- FMA’s Payroll Protection Program Toolbox: FMA tools include a PPP Calculator, template board resolution authorizing a loan, and a script for talking to a bank about PPP.
- Save money on your employer-sponsored health insurance without cost-shifting to employees. Nonstop Wellness is a proprietary health insurance solution that provides first-dollar coverage for your employees and premium savings for your organization. Learn more about Nonstop.