Many nonprofits exist to address the ongoing consequences of systematic oppression and inequitable social and institutional practices. A focus on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) fosters a management culture that embraces different perspectives, resulting in stronger programs, comprehensive strategies, and the ability to better mitigate risks. But, where do nonprofits begin?
Apply for our first-ever DEI Learning Lab this fall. We're offering this series in response to the critical need for nonprofit leaders to internalize DEI as an organizational priority. In order to help nonprofit leaders move beyond a surface-level understanding of DEI, this Learning Lab tackles the challenging conversations needed to guide DEI efforts, and hold individuals and organizations accountable.
This Learning Lab is intended for nonprofit staff with basic to intermediate expertise in DEI, including executives, board members, program staff, human resources, and operations staff. Organizations of all sizes are encouraged to apply for the DEI Learning Lab.
- Session 1 – An Overview of DEI: Making Sense of DEI as a Management Practice
- Thursday, November 1, 2 pm - 5 pm
- Session 2 – Developing a Shared Language and Definitions
- Wednesday, November 7, 2 pm - 5 pm
- Session 3 – DEI as an Ongoing Process: How to Say We're Not "There" Yet
- Thursday, November 15, 2 pm - 5 pm
- Session 4 – A Deep Dive into Equity and Inclusion
- Thursday, November 29, 2pm - 5pm
- Session 5 – Building Diverse Leadership Pipelines
- Monday, December 3, 2pm - 5pm
- Session 6 – Becoming an Effective Change Maker Around DEI
- Thursday, December 13, 2pm - 5pm
The deadline to apply for the DEI Learning Lab has been extended to Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018.