College Program Associate
|Job Category:||Development, Programs/Services|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Education|
YES is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with over two decades of education development work in low-income communities in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and Appalachia, working to improve college acceptance and completion rates and expand access to higher education for historically marginalized students. We are committed to filling in the gaps in systemic and institutional support for these high achieving scholars who have been historically underrepresented in higher education institutions, ensuring that they have the same resources, access, and opportunities available to their more privileged peers. We envision a future where all students can make choices about their educational and professional pursuits that are not restricted by their socioeconomic circumstances.
The Program Associate will provide program support and administrative assistance to the National College to Career Programs Director (NCCPD) & the Executive Director towards college success for scholars from all national YES branches. They will work closely with the CCPD, performing the administrative and programmatic tasks necessary to further scholar success.
- Maintain accurate and regularly updated database records and scholar files, including demographics, contact information, and interaction note throughout their time in college, ensuring all contents are up to date and complete, following up with scholars as necessary
- Assist NCCPD in surveying scholars to update contact & demographic information, assess need, and allocate resources on a regular basic
- Regularly analyze data to provide overview and insights into trends in scholar development and program outcomes, for program development and grant report purposes
- Conduct research and support for scholar needs as they arise and in response to overall trends
- Maintain internship and scholarship databases, updated annually and as new information arises
- Assist NCCPD in maintaining and updating YES Scholar Resume Book
- Assist NCCPD in submitting material to YES Social Media director on a monthly basis
- Assist NCCPD in conducting regular scholar check-ins
- Work with Student Support Coordinator on student resource requests and financial records maintenance
- Assist in sending out information and reminders regarding opportunities & responsibilities to scholars, including scholarship applications, extracurricular opportunities, annual FAFSA deadline reminders, etc
- Provide support to NCCPD in collecting data for annual budgeting process
- Assist NCCPD in creating communications, visual materials, and statistics related to college programing
- Collect and organize photos of college scholars & activities
- Assist NCCPD in tracking and maintaining records of college scholar highlights – awards, presentations, extracurricular activities of note, internships, job offers, graduate school acceptances, etc
- Assist NCCPD in planning and hosting events, including but not limited to community-building events for scholars, graduation celebrations, peer networking events, clothing & dorm supply drives, etc
- Liaise with Administrators and other School Officials to support Scholars and assist with coordinating events and programming for YES
- Collect relevant contact information for & send out care packages to new college freshmen each year
- Perform other responsibilities as requested, and as opportunities arise, working with the Director and other YES staff
- Strong organizational and time management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks; ability to work to deadlines and adapt to urgent needs of scholars if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people of all types and backgrounds
- Organized, self-motivated, excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to use applicable data management systems (including but not limited to Google Suite & Quickbase) to maintain, manage, and monitor data for YES College Program.
- Ability to gather program data and information, and compile standard reports based on specific requests
- First generation college student a plus
- Fluent Spanish a plus
- Experience working with marginalized college students
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience working with databases
- Insightful thinker and problem solver who actively identifies and anticipates needs with an eye towards root solutions
Full-time position; HYRBID
$45k-$55k/year; Competitive benefits package including 401k w/employer match, healthcare (incl. dental & vision), paid vacation, etc.
Location flexible upon discussion
This is a full time (40hrs/week) position. The Program Associate reports directly to the NCCPD, under a flexible level of supervision.
Direct Reports: None
Please send applications to [email protected] with the subject “College Program Associate Application”
Young Eisner Scholars
- 217 w. 140TH st #554 NY, NY 1003
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com