|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Yes She Can Inc.
Yes She Can is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related learning and social disabilities develop transferable skills for employment and greater independence. Our program and curriculum are implemented at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY, where coaches work directly with trainees. Girl AGain sells refurbished American Girl dolls and all their accessories. Job exploration skills and social skills programs are delivered to participants virtually by coaches through video conferencing.
The Board of Directors is seeking a passionate and skilled individual to assume the role of Executive Director upon the retirement of the founder and current executive director.
1) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Responsible for
• implementation of Yes She Can’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission, and for assessing the quality and effectiveness of the programs, and making changes as necessary.
• strategic planning to ensure that Yes She Can will be able to successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
• oversight and implementation of resources to ensure that the operation of the organization is effective, including Girl AGain boutique, where a significant percent of earned income is generated to fund the program.
• communications promoting Yes She Can to stakeholders, supporters, families, and the network of developmental disability service providers.
• enhancement of Yes She Can’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• communicating effectively with the Board and providing all information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Responsible for
• the fiscal integrity of Yes She Can Inc., to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements and with analysis, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• supervision of the bookkeeper, maintaining a relationship with the bank and insuring all expenses are paid and all revenue is accounted for. File annual reports to the IRS and New York Charities Bureau.
3) Development – Responsible for generating funds from donors and other resources necessary to support Yes She Can’s mission, including
• Establishing fundraising goals based on a diversified funding plan and supporting the Development Associate to achieve those goals
• Building communications and relationships with major donors and foundations
• Leading annual benefit, Advocates for Adults with Autism Awards
• Understanding of the challenges, complexities, and needs of young adults with autism, and a passion for advocacy.
• Understanding of business operations, including marketing and communications.
• Experience in personnel and program management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, both in person and through digital tools.
• Leadership experience
• Skilled in building relationships and networks
• Development experience, and familiarity with CRM and donor management software.
• Ability to balance needs of trainees and revenue goals of the retail business
• Technical proficiency in use of business software applications
REPORTING AND COMPENSATION
• Reports to the Board of Directors
• Supervises the Director of Training Programs, Director of Marketing and Retail Operations, Development Associate, Bookkeeper and Accountant.
• Full time position with benefits package; salary range $75,000- $85,000.
• Position requires regular in-person interactions with trainees and staff at Girl AGain, in White Plains, NY; attending meetings in person with supporters and with professionals in our network, mostly in Westchester County, NY. Administrative work is performed from home office. In person board of director meetings are held semi-annually.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter describing how your experiences and skills meet the needs of this position. Include a current resume. Send to [email protected]
Yes She Can Inc.
Developing job skills for young women with autism.
- White Plains, NY
To apply for this job please visit yesshecaninc.org.