Fiscal Specialist (Payables)
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Title: Fiscal Specialist (Payables)
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: Controller
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’ s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
Under the direct supervision of the Controller, the Fiscal Specialist will be responsible for processing and disbursing checks.
• Receive all incoming mail and invoices from front desk.
• Review invoices for appropriate backup documentation and approvals.
• Coordinate with department directors to obtain purchase orders.
• Maintain and file purchase orders.
• Match invoices to checks and obtain signatures, as required.
• Process and mail or distribute checks within the pay cycle.
• Respond to and resolve all vendor queries.
• Maintain W-9 forms and 1099 (consultant) agreements.
• Maintain the copier, postage and telephone inventory lists.
• Help retrieve invoices and other documents during audits.
• Scan and file all invoices.
• Responsible for interbank transfers, ACH and other wires.
• Provide other support, as needed.
• Associate degree in Accounting with a minimum two years of relevant experience or High School Diploma with additional 3-4 years of relevant experience
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality
• A proven track record of maintaining strict confidentiality
• Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Fund EZ and allocating expenses a plus
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications submitted without cover letters will not be considered.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, NY 10452
- United States
- Phone: 7188391100