Housing Associate (Capital Projects)
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Title:Housing Associate (Capital Projects)
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: Director of Real Estate
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
Job Summary: The Housing Associate manages projects for WHEDco’s Housing Department, including capital improvements and user experience issues.
• Assist Director of Real Estate with oversight of capital projects, including new construction and renovation. Includes communication with architects, engineers, contractors; tracking budgets, change orders and submittals; reporting to government agencies and investors; and coordinating with impacted residents and staff.
• Research and implement capital improvement projects that enhance energy efficiency, sustainability, and resiliency in WHEDco buildings, including the oversight of consultants, architects, and engineers to ensure timely completion and achievement of project goals.
• Improve WHEDco’s bottom line by managing utility accounts and budgets, documenting and monitoring a pre-existing energy retrofit project that includes a combined heat and power (CHP) system, as well as other energy and water saving measures. Coordinate with Housing Associate (Administration and Compliance) to report on utility usage and ensure compliance with NYC Greater Greener Buildings Plan.
• Engage residents, building maintenance, and WHEDco staff in recycling, waste reduction and other sustainability practices that reduce building operating expenses while increasing the quality of life for building residents and WHEDco clients.
• Assist Director of Real Estate with additional projects as necessary.
• Associate’s degree with at least two years of experience in affordable housing, property management, real estate development/finance, construction management or related field. Alternatively, Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public administration, business, real estate development/finance, or construction management.
• Strong project management, financial and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective, self-motivated project manager with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Flexible team player, pro-active problem-solver.
• Demonstrated commitment to affordable housing and work in low-income communities.
• Dual language (Spanish and English) preferred.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, New York 10452
- United States
- Phone: 7188391113