Housing Associate (Administration and Compliance)
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Title: Housing Associate (Administration and Compliance)
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: Director of Real Estate
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
Job Summary: The Housing Associate supports WHEDco’s Housing Department, including creating systems, managing documents, and ensuring compliance with government agency regulations.
• In coordination with Director of Real Estate, develop and maintain asset management systems and procedures, including creating and updating property dashboards, dealbooks, preventative maintenance plans, and long-term capital plans
• Maintain and organize critical documents, including loan documents, insurance records, building plans and records, etc.
• Monitor and resolve building violations
• Ensure compliance with NYC’s Greater Greener Buildings Plan, including maintaining WHEDco’s energy benchmarking system
• Assist Director of Real Estate and Development team with funding applications and reports
• Support Housing team in ensuring our portfolio’s sustainability, engaging WHEDco residents, clients and staff in sustainability efforts, and other projects as needed.
• Assist Director of Real Estate with additional projects as necessary.
• Associate’s degree with at least two years of experience in property management, real estate development/finance or related field. Alternatively, Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public administration, business, real estate development/finance.
• Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for order and efficiency.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating and analyzing reports from various sources, and can pick up new platforms relatively easily.
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Pro-active problem-solver and avid team player. Must have the ability to remain focused in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to affordable housing and work in low-income communities.
• Dual language (Spanish and English) preferred.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, NY 10452
- United States
- Phone: 7188391100