Grants and Contracts Manager
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Title: Grants and Contracts Manager
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: Senior Grants Manager
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
The Grants and Contracts Manager is responsible for the fiscal management of a portfolio of grants and contracts, as well as supporting the Controller and other fiscal team members in the overall fiscal management of the organization.
• Submit invoices for assigned programs by the deadlines. Maintain files with supporting documents for all expense reports.
• Ensure that all tasks related to the grant lifecycle (i.e. procurement to closeout) are completed for assigned grants/programs.
• Support the Controller with bi-monthly variance report meetings by preparing variance reports and analysis that will be provided to program directors to discuss spending of restricted funding, including suggested budget modifications and monitoring balances/deficits.
• Assist the Senior Grants Manager with program audits and year-end audits.
• Conduct quarterly revenue analysis of government contracts.
• Review and approve for compliance the expenses to include OTPS and payroll for the assigned programs when charging to the relevant contracts.
• Serve as liaison between WHEDco and government granting agencies.
• Support the Senior Grants Manager with other government contract related tasks.
• Support the fiscal team with various GL duties.
• Other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Associate degree in accounting or related area of study or two years of experience in a related field required.
• Strong analytical abilities and critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Intermediate Excel skills required.
• A proactive and collaborative team player able to work effectively with a variety of personalities and working styles required.
• Experience with contract management preferred.
• Exposure to Fund EZ highly desirable.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, NY 10025
- United States
- Phone: 7188391110