Family Child Care Network Director
|Job Category:||Administrative, Other, Programs/Services|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Education, Human Services, Other|
Title: Family Child Care Network Director
Location: 1309 Louis Niñe Blvd, Bronx, NY 10459
Reports to: Vice President of Home-Based Childcare Services
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco seeks a highly-motivated and energetic team player with a commitment to WHEDco’s mission to manage all administrative aspects of the Family Child Care Network (FCCN).
- Oversee all administrative functions of the FCCN.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Education (DOE) network policies as outlined in the DOE Network Handbook and Contract.
- Ensure compliance with all Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)/DOHMH regulations in affiliated family child care provider homes.
- Supervise the work of all FCCN monitoring and administrative staff.
- Provide on-going strength-based coaching/supervision meeting with all direct reports in the network.
- Create and conduct regular audits of provider records, monitoring visits, and other records kept on file at the network office.
- Ensure that all affiliated provider home visits are documented in a timely manner and are aligned with the DOE’s Early Childhood Framework for Quality (EFQ).
- Ensure that network staff have the knowledge and resources to assist affiliated providers in entering child assessment data in a timely manner and support its use for curriculum and lesson planning.
- Coordinate and implement along with the Education Director all required professional learning days throughout the year in partnership with the DOE for all affiliated providers and network staff.
- Participate in network staff professional learning sessions delivered by the DOE.
- Support all providers who are working toward the completion of a CDA certification or other higher early childhood education degree.
- Facilitate twice monthly network staff meetings with the Education Director to connect about individual providers, families, and coordinate all services.
- Provide consistent and timely reflective supervision to staff to ensure their ability to engage affiliated providers in practice-based coaching using a strength-based approach.
- Oversee and ensure timely reimbursement to all affiliated providers.
- Oversee all recruitment efforts utilizing the DOE provider selection tool to ensure all affiliated providers meet the program and education requirements.
- Oversee all family recruitment and enrollment efforts in support of all affiliated providers and to ensure contracted enrollment numbers are being met.
- Maintain relationships with community partners who provide mental health, special needs, and other support services for all affiliated providers and families.
- Other special projects as they arise.
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education (MEd) strongly preferred. Masters of Social Work (MSW) also accepted.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel within FCC network area is required.
- Must be able to proactively multitask and adapt to changing and competing needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand the unique needs of all affiliated providers and families is required.
- Experience in MS Office suite and excellent overall computer/database skills is required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] (include “Family Child Care Network Director” and your name in subject line).
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, NY 10452
To apply for this job email your details to HBCCrecruiting@whedco.org