Director of Marketing and Communications
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: President
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and managing branding, marketing and communications efforts for WHEDco and all aspects of its programming. Working collaboratively across all program areas, the Director of Marketing and Communications will create and drive diverse marketing activities that promote and increase awareness of WHEDco’s work and will support and collaborate with Development to facilitate its fundraising efforts.
- Spearhead the development and ongoing management of branding, marketing and communications efforts for WHEDco’s programing, events and initiatives.
- Develop, produce and distribute clear and effective communications pieces for use in a wide range of promotional and fundraising activities.
- Carry out effective branding and marketing strategies across multiple platforms.
- Oversee the development and provide ongoing management of WHEDco’s online presence, including its website, email marketing, social media and digital marketing strategy.
- Manage the development and use of WHEDco’s graphic design and brand portfolio.
- Evaluate and utilize market data to drive and improve marketing strategy.
- Leverage external relationships and overall knowledge of media targets to promote WHEDco’s work.
- Provide hands-on communications support to WHEDco’s leadership team, as needed.
- Ensure the consistent use of WHEDco’s brand, approved language, images, partnership and funding acknowledgements across all platforms, including program-specific communications.
- Manage Communications Associate and marketing budget.
- Maintain a broad understanding of WHEDco’s programming and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications role developing and managing successful marketing strategies using diverse media, including digital, email, print, and external partnerships.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Solid track record of branding and promoting events.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to distill information into clear and concise deliverables.
- Ability to develop creative ideas and translate them into effective marketing campaigns.
- Experience in project planning and management; experience managing a budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills, avid team player with an ability to work across all levels of an organization.
- Excellent time management skills; able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, graphic design and social media tools.
- Web design/web management experience preferred.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary ($70,000-$75,000) based on experience.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected]
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, NY 10542
- Phone: 718-839-1100
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org