Assistant Project Manager
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
Reports to: Director of Real Estate
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
The Assistant Project Manager supports WHEDco’s Housing Department by managing capital projects, ensuring the financial and environmental sustainability of our building operations, and analyzing and acting upon building operations data.
• Assist the Director of Real Estate with oversight of capital projects, including new construction and renovation. Includes communication with architects, engineers, contractors; tracking budgets, change orders and submittals; reporting to government agencies and investors; and coordinating with impacted residents and staff.
• In coordination with Director of Real Estate, develop and maintain asset management systems and procedures, including creating and updating property dashboards, dealbooks, preventative maintenance plans, and long-term capital plans.
• Maintain and organize critical documents, including loan documents, insurance records, building plans and records, etc.
• Monitor and resolve building violations.
• Manage WHEDco’s utility accounts and energy benchmarking.
• Research and recommend capital improvement projects that enhance energy efficiency, sustainability, and resiliency in WHEDco buildings.
• Engage residents, building maintenance, and WHEDco staff in recycling, waste reduction and other sustainability practices that reduce building operating expenses while increasing the quality of life for building residents and WHEDco clients.
• Assist the Director of Real Estate with additional projects as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least three years’ experience in real estate development/finance, property management, urban planning or business. Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for order and efficiency.
• Strong project management, financial and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating and analyzing reports from various sources, and can pick up new platforms relatively easily.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Pro-active problem-solver and avid team player. Must have the ability to remain focused in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated commitment to affordable housing and work in low-income communities.
• Dual language (Spanish and English) preferred.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications submitted without cover letters will not be considered.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Building a Greater Bronx
- 50 East 168th Street
- Bronx, NY 10452
- United States
- Phone: 7188391113
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org