Digital Communications Manager
|Job Category:||Communications, Development|
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
The Digital Communications Manager collaborates with senior colleagues on the Communications Team to ensure VOA-GNY is active and has significant presence in the digital space – social media, email marketing, website, etc.
Location: 135 West 50th Street • New York, NY 10020
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about Volunteers of America-GNY, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/our-services
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field with five years of experience creating digital content and managing social media platforms or satisfactory combination of education and experience with proven social media management with proven results.
- Thorough understanding of digital strategy, social media platforms and content creation.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and understanding of voice, nuance, and audience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt. Creative and analytical thinker.
- Proficient at using CRM and analytics tools including Google Analytics, experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.). High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Please note: In addition to uploading a resume, all applicants must submit at least 1 writing sample (i.e. blog post, article, press release) and 1 social media post (link or screenshot) that they produced; portfolios are encouraged.
- Responsible for creating and implementing of all digital elements of a VOA-GNY’s marketing communications strategy.
- Develop and execute VOA-GNY’s social media strategy (paid and organic) with the primary goal of significantly growing our existing social media presence; run analytics routinely and design graphics to be used on social media and the VOA-GNY website in alignment with brand guidelines.
- Manage, produce and grow VOA-GNY’s email marketing activities (newsletters and other e-communications) to support the content strategy and communication goals.
- Manage and produce VOA-GNY’s internal e-newsletter with support from the Senior Communications Associate.
- Plan and execute digital campaigns specific to programs or program needs, upcoming events, funding needs, current events, etc.
- Ensure all sponsors are appropriately recognized on the VOA-GNY website, social media and/or in e-communications.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Associate and other team members to ensure content aligns with the marketing communications strategy and has a consistent tone, style and voice that reflects the overall brand.
- Organize and manage media assets and content, including photography, logos and photo releases, using the organization’s media asset platform.
- On occasion, attend program events and campaigns to take high-quality photos, shoot video and support event-related needs. Minor video editing as needed.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
Volunteers of America-Greater New York, Inc
- 135 West 50th Street, 9th Floor
- New York, NY 10020
To apply for this job please visit us62e2.dayforcehcm.com.