Technical Assistance Specialist
|Job Category:||Other, Programs/Services|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, International/Foreign Affairs|
About Trickle Up
Since 1979, Trickle Up has focused on the most vulnerable, helping empower participants who live in extreme poverty and face multiple levels of exclusion due to gender, ethnicity, religion, and disability. The organization has worked with over 450,000 participants and their families, helping to sustainably lift over two million people out of extreme poverty in India, Africa, and the Americas.
Visit www.trickleup.org for more information.
The Technical Assistance Specialist will support the design and implementation of training and technical support to NGOs, governments, and large institutions that serve people affected by displacement using the Graduation Approach and livelihoods interventions in humanitarian settings. The successful candidate will have a strong background in technical assistance delivery, curriculum design, and training within the international development/humanitarian and economic strengthening contexts. The candidate will ideally have knowledge of and/or experience working within humanitarian contexts and have familiarity with social and economic inclusion programming, such as the Graduation Approach, the program design cycle, and capacity building.
- Provide in-country and remote support to technical assistance clients/partners, enabling high-quality program design, targeting, implementation, monitoring, documentation, and knowledge management, with a particular focus on economic growth programming, such as the Graduation Approach and livelihoods programs.
- When relevant and appropriate, support internal capacity building to the Trickle Up team, including contributing to the TU tool inventory.
- Utilize applied adult-learning techniques to design high-quality curricular, training, and workshop materials. Lead or co-lead technical assistance and training initiatives to build the capacity of partners.
- Support management of new and existing grants including research and writing, grant administration, reporting, and budgets.
- Support the Business Development unit, when relevant and appropriate, by providing technical inputs into project design.
- Contribute to Trickle Up’s global knowledge management efforts to ensure that relevant materials, program documentation, and lessons learned support the delivery of quality technical assistance, internal learning, and external communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, adult learning, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in international development, including 3 years in capacity building, technical assistance, or curriculum design for international economic strengthening project(s),
- Prior experience in sustainable livelihoods and economic development for vulnerable populations, including women and people affected by displacement.
- Experience in designing and/or leading capacity-building and training initiatives.
- Experience and interest in humanitarian work, ideally with a focus on refugees and other people affected by displacement
- Experience with/knowledge of the Graduation Approach is strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have prior experience in capacity building, training design and development, and/or the provision of technical support.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
- Highly organized and an analytical thinker.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team player and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Responsible, dedicated, independent worker who is highly organized.
- Proactive self-starter, and creative problem-solver.
- Proven ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to be flexible and productive under pressure.
Native or bilingual fluency in English and professional fluency in Spanish; Arabic and French also desired.
Ability to travel internationally extensively, up to 30% of the time, occasionally to remote areas.
Compensation and Benefits
As a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and a complete benefits program, including comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance.
This position is available immediately, preferably based in Washington DC, or New York.
Please click the “Apply for this Position”, at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to upload your cover letter, resume, short writing sample (3-5 pages maximum), and a list of 3 references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates must be qualified to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to questions and phone calls.
Trickle Up is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and extend equal opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
To apply for this job please visit trickleup.hire.trakstar.com.