Field Team Coordinator (Seasonal: May – Nov)
|Job Category:||Other, Policy/Advocacy, Programs/Services, Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Other|
Reports to: Senior Organizer
Hours: 20-30 hours/week (average 25 hours)
Transportation Alternatives (TA), New York City’s advocate for walking, bicycling, and public transportation, seeks a highly motivated and accomplished field team coordinator to manage a team of safe streets and accessible public transportation ambassadors.
Transportation Alternatives’ ambassador program has been in operation for over a decade, and has successfully empowered tens of thousands of New Yorkers to support safer streets through public engagement activities in all five boroughs. After a 2 year hiatus in the program due to COVID, we are restarting the program for the May-November season.
The Field Team Organizing Coordinator will oversee effective and varied field outreach to meet Transportation Alternatives’ 2022 goals. At the beginning of the outreach season, the coordinator will collaboratively set goals and deliverables of the program and work throughout the year to execute and track fieldwork.
This position reports to the Senior Organizer, and works with other members of the Advocacy organizing staff and broader volunteer network to ensure successful public outreach for the organization.
- Manage Field staff
- Hire and train Field staff
- Create a weekly schedule for strategic outreach
- Track staff hours and submit bi-weekly timesheets
- Hold weekly field staff meetings
- Coach staff in the field and in the office for effective field strategy
- Participate in field shifts with field team members and volunteer activists
- Oversee field outreach as applies to TA’s strategic plan
- Coordinate with borough leaders to meet the organizing goals of each campaign
- Track and quantify fieldwork including budget and goals
- Integrate interactive and engaging fieldwork as part of the campaign strategy
- Promote work through committees, social media, and constituent communication
Qualified candidates will bring with them:
- Broad knowledge and experience in New York City’s active streets issues
- 2 years of experience in political organizing, community building, education, or field outreach
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage staff in a dynamic and varied environment
- Flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, Slack, Social Media Applications (Twitter and Instagram)
Exceptional candidates will also bring with them:
- Familiarity and interest in TA’s work and advocacy areas
- Experience working closely with New York City and state public officials and organizational leaders.
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with “Field Team Coordinator Search” as the subject line
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. We value having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, background and modal preference. BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Better walking, bicycling, and public transit for all NYC
- New York, NY
To apply for this job please visit www.transalt.org.