Job Title: Operations Associate
Job Level: Associate
Reports to: Director of Operations, Administration and Finance
Salary Range: $70,000 to $90,000
Job Location: TransitCenter is currently working remotely. When we return to the office, attendance at our Wall Street office in New York City is expected up to four days per week, with one day per week of remote work possible.
About the organization:
TransitCenter is a private foundation that conducts research and advocacy and works nationally to improve public transit in ways that make U.S. cities more just and environmentally sustainable. To do this, we are committed to reforming how and by whom decisions about transit are made, bringing new perspectives, especially those of transit riders, into planning and policy work. We believe that supporting community-based activists and harnessing our own voice are critical to advancing the type of transit advocacy urgently needed in American cities. More about TransitCenter’s work and staff can be found on our website: transitcenter.org.
In order to live our organization’s values (listed below), specifically to have an equitable and inclusive workplace and because we believe in the power of complementary strength, people of color, people with low incomes, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Position Description: The Operations Associate is responsible for the organization’s accounts payable functions and serves as the office manager, ensuring the smooth functioning of our physical and virtual office needs. In addition, the person in this position will coordinate logistics and scheduling for TransitCenter’s Board of Trustee meetings, calendar management and scheduling for the Executive Director.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting Duties and Responsibilities
· Process invoices, grant payments and reimbursements.
· Manage contracts and track invoices against the contracts.
· Create new vendor record and maintain existing vendor records.
· Reconcile corporate credit card expenses (this function may require several follow up with staff to obtain their expense report).
· Download and save monthly bank statements.
· Keep all physical files up-to-date and organized.
Office Space and Other Duties
· Maintain inventory; order office supplies and snacks.
· Liaise with building staff (cleaning vendor, pest control company, and building manager).
· Coordinate insurance documents for office vendors.
· Troubleshoot issues with the printer when they arise; collect used toner cartridges and ship them to be recycled.
· Sign visitors in through the building’s online system.
· Monitor health screening app, staff in office calendar, and update the office tracker spreadsheet.
· Schedule meetings.
· Oversee moderator and note-taker rotation for all-staff meetings.
· Keep all administrative documents organized in DropBox.
· Assist with onboarding and off-boarding tasks as needed.
· Ship reports or other materials when needed; manage office FedEx, UPS, and USPS accounts.
· Arrange for messenger services when needed; manage office messenger account.
· Manage office phone account.
· Manage TransitCenter’s contact relationship management (CRM) software.
· Manage Zoom and Slack.
Board of Trustees and sub-committees
· Coordinate scheduling and logistics for Board of Trustees meetings and their sub-committees.
· Take meeting minutes and prepare meeting materials (travel may be required to perform this task).
· Maintain Dropbox folder(s) and other documentary resources required by the board.
· Set up conference room meeting technology and provide support for virtual meetings.
· Create board presentation template; work with various staff to coordinate advance meeting packet and the presentation.
· Make travel arrangements and assist with reimbursements for board members.
Desired experience, skills, and knowledge:
While we are seeking candidates who have many of these skills, we understand that candidates may not have all of the skills listed below.
1. An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. Minimum of 3 years of work experience in non-profit administration, operations and accounts payable.
3. Skill with MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel skills; experience working with and analyzing data in spreadsheets.
4. Extremely organized and able to meet deadlines.
5. Ease with troubleshooting basic information technology issues.
6. Experience using cloud-based systems and tools such as Bill.com, Dropbox, Zoom, etc.
7. Ability to work collaboratively and independently, manage multiple projects while being a committed team player.
8. Ability to problem-solve, plan, and prioritize tasks.
9. Strong written and oral communication skills.
10. A demonstrated commitment to racial equity
The full benefits package will be described as part of the interview process but some of our benefits include:
- 401(k) with 5% matching contribution
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 11 company holidays, 22 days of vacation, 10 sick days per year, and 12 weeks of paid parental leave for new parents
- Commuter benefits
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can apply by clicking the following link, answering the questions and submitting the requested documents. Application link: Click here.
- If you would like to request accommodation during the interview process, please email [email protected]
- Proof of COVID vaccination is required for employment.
Proof of US work authorization and the successful completion of a background check are required for employment.
- TransitCenter is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Employment is on an “at-will” basis, meaning both the employer and the employee can terminate the relationship at any time.
- TransitCenter, a private philanthropic foundation, is incorporated in the State of New York, with its sole office located in the City of New York, and is bound by the employment statutes and regulations of those jurisdictions.
- 1 Whitehall Street, 17th Fl.
- New York, NY 10004
- United States
- Phone: 6463959555
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.