Finance & Administrative Associate (Hybrid)
|$65,000 - 70,000
The Supportive Housing Network of New York
The Supportive Housing Network of New York (the Network) represents more than 200 nonprofit organizations that have created over 55,000 units of supportive housing across New York State. The Network uses advocacy, public education, training, technical assistance, research, and policy analysis to increase the public’s understanding of supportive housing – affordable housing with voluntary services for formerly homeless people with disabilities and special needs. The Network identifies and shares best practices that continually improve the model’s effectiveness and, most importantly, encourages the creation of enough supportive housing to end homelessness among the most vulnerable New Yorkers. Currently, our members are adding thousands of units of supportive housing per year under two historic initiatives: the State’s Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI), creating 20,000 units, and the City’s NYC 15/15, creating 15,000 units, both over fifteen years.
The Finance and Administrative Associate is a full-time, hybrid position based in New York City. The person in this role is required to work in the NYC office twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This position reports to the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer, supporting the Network’s finance and administrative functions, as well as events. This is a mid-level position with the possibility to take on more finance and/or HR responsibilities in the future.
Finance & Administration
• Supports creation of confirmation letters and gathering of selected documents for audit.
• Completes check requisition forms for all vendor invoices received, ensuring proper expense coding and obtaining required approvals.
• Reviews all expense reimbursement forms submitted by Network staff for accuracy and sufficient supporting documentation.
• Completes monthly credit card statement reconciliation for CFAO and ED.
• Coordinates quarterly membership dues invoicing process and follows up on all unpaid dues.
• Enters all received payments in database, ensuring proper coding and classification, as well as accuracy of membership status for each agency.
• Assists with entry level bookkeeping in QuickBooks.
• Deposits all checks bi-weekly at the bank.
• Sends out acknowledgement letters for all payments received.
• Maintains all vendor, membership and received payment files in preparation for the audit.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of human resources functions including job postings, onboarding, terminations and management of compliance posters and notices.
• Supports the Network’s internal DEIA initiative.
• Assists CFAO with any other tasks related to finance and administration as they arise.
• Manage the registration process for the Conference, Gala and Annual Meeting, including setting up and managing check-in tables on the day of events.
• Track and reconcile all attendee registrations, pledges and payments in the database.
• Coordinate with CFAO to follow up on all unpaid event payments.
• Maintain filing of all event pledges and payments in preparation for the audit.
• Coordinate with staff to set up web hosting and attendee check-in pages for all web registration sites and support testing of those sites.
• Manage creation of nametags for all events with external vendor.
• Manage registration volunteers for all events.
• Assists CFAO with any other event related tasks as they arise.
• Support CFAO in leading data migration/updating of current MS Access database.
• Manage and maintain IT equipment and applications, in coordination with IT Consultant.
• Coordinate with IT and Database Consultant on staff requests and troubleshooting needs.
• Creates tutorial documents and materials for staff in relation to IT and office procedures.
• Assists CFAO with any other IT related tasks as they may arise.
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, and Word, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
• Strong project management, coordination and follow-up skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and data entry skills.
• Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative when presented with the context of a project.
• Ability to multi-task and work well with several individuals simultaneously.
• Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation and respect.
• No task too small attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $65,000 – 70,000.00
- 100% employer covered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions
- Hybrid work schedule
- Generous PTO & winter holiday office closure
- Office closes at 1pm on Fridays
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Finance and Administrative Associate” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Network is an equal opportunity employer. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, gender, sex, genetics, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, political or union affiliation, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off, recall and termination.
The Network is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have as an organization. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and unique talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and achievements as well.
The Supportive Housing Network of NY