Director of Information Technology
|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture, Community Improvement|
|Salary Range:||$140,000 - $150,000|
About The Shed
The Shed is a new cultural institution of and for the 21st century. We produce and welcome innovative art and ideas, across all forms of creativity, to build a shared understanding of our rapidly changing world and a more equitable society. In our highly adaptable building on Manhattan’s west side, The Shed brings together established and emerging artists to create new work in fields ranging from pop to classical music, painting to digital media, theater to literature, and sculpture to dance. We seek opportunities to collaborate with cultural peers and community organizations, work with like-minded partners, and provide unique spaces for private events. As an independent nonprofit that values invention, equity, and generosity, we are committed to advancing art forms, addressing the urgent issues of our time, and making our work impactful, sustainable, and relevant to the local community, the cultural sector, New York City, and beyond.
About the Position:
Reporting to the President & COO, The Director of Information Technology’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing, implementing, and maintaining The Shed’s information technology initiatives. Specializing in the delivery of systems excellence for The Shed’s external audiences, the Director is responsible for the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems to improve the consumer experience, cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. This individual oversees a robust team responsible for the administrative and transactional aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems, including CRM/fundraising, ticketing systems, financial systems, networking, routing, file sharing, and overall cloud solutions. A commitment to world class customer technology experience is essential.
The Director will improve, maintain and support The Shed’s IT infrastructure architecture to ensure its technology reflects and supports the innovation of the institution. The role will maintain a roadmap that identifies plans for the acquisition and integration of new and upgraded technologies that enhance The Shed’s ability to deliver exceptional consumer experiences. The Director will also ensure that the technology team maintains an appropriate level of investment in those technologies in yearly budgeting cycles.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Create and implement long-range plans to grow the technology infrastructure to meet consumer needs, enhance and optimize the external user experience
● Identify changing client requirements and strategize to take advantage of new technologies that improve cost and performance.
● Develop and maintain a technology architecture that identifies the technology elements and how they work together to support the user base and the applications in the environment.
● Continuously evaluate and optimize The Shed’s website for a positive and intuitive user experience.
● Supervise and coach the Web, Business Intelligence and Infrastructure team. These duties include, but are not limited to, conducting annual performance reviews, conducting weekly team meetings, providing timely team statuses to management, and implementing efficiencies in team workflows.
● Develop and maintain standards for introduction of new technology into the environment.
● Enforce all PCI-DSS standards mandated by business rules.
● Lead the development of and maintain access and data security across the network. Ensure that the necessary level of security is maintained for internal and external users.
● Maintain relationships with technology vendors. Understand new offerings and make decisions as when to upgrade technology used by the Technology team.
● Establish the strategic direction of the IT infrastructure and build the annual operating plan and budget for that infrastructure; work throughout the year to implement the identified projects and respond to new issues or opportunities where information technology is a part of the solution.
● Maintain digital building systems that are unique to the Shed, such as the Shed’s Digital Signage System (DSS) and the Shed’s people-counting system, a venue occupancy management tool by PMY Group.
● Have a general knowledge of the infrastructure that supports the Tessitura CRM and a basic familiarity with the Tessitura fundraising and ticket selling capabilities.
Qualifications and Qualities:
● Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills
● Experience implementing cybersecurity best practices including but not limited to: firewall, intrusion detection, cyber-attack tools and defenses, encryption, certificate authority, web filtering, anti- malware, anti-phishing, identity and access management, multi factor authentication, bot detection and EDR/MDR technology
● Knowledge of Google Workplace
● Experience with Dell Hardware
● Experience with Tessitura CRM
● Familiarity with principles of user experience (UX) design
● Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
● Ability to work in a team environment and manage relationships with staff members in multiple departments
● Basic understanding of the accounts payable process
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts field are strongly encouraged to apply. Whether you’re new to arts and culture administration, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar.
- 545 W 30th St
- New York, New York 10001