Fumd Development Intern
|Salary Range:||$1000 Stipend|
Fund Development Intern
Organization Mission: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our Scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
Position and Summary Reporting: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Intern will work directly with the Development team to research and cultivate supporters, manage the organization’s donor databases, track, and evaluate fundraising efforts, and organize events. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit development work and ultimately learn about education opportunities for high-achieving Black and Latinx students.
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Supporting creation and dissemination of Oliver Scholars annual appeal
- Assisting with annual application and year-round tracking of “giving” campaigns and
- Assisting staff with grant application writing and tracking
- Assisting staff with researching state and federal regulations regarding donor solicitation (e.g., registration with offices in other states) and general development efforts (e.g., raffles, auctions)
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
- Current or recent enrollment in graduate or undergraduate degree program with interest in marketing, production, public relations, journalism, or communications, Development/Fundraising, or non-profit management fields.
- Graphic design experience is a must (InDesign, Photoshop, or web- based program)
- Strong proficiency in all social media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Adobe Acrobat and Google Suite
- Video editing experience a plus (Final Cut Pro, Avid, iMovie)
- HTML and word press experience a plus
- Strong persuasive writing skills helpful
- Part-time 10 to 20 hours a week from September 18 to December 15
- Graphic design and Canva experience a plus
- Takes initiative: Act on one’s own initiative; making the most of opportunities; undertaking tasks, even if it entails risk
- Analytical: Understands complex information; making connections; drawing conclusions
- Creative: Coming up with new ideas, approaches, or solutions
- Flexible: Manages to adapt if circumstances change
- Written communication: Is capable of communicating well in writing, even with people who communicate differently
- Monitors outcomes: Regularly checks whether work is on schedule
- Verbal communication: Understands others and being understood in verbal communication
- Teamwork: Work well with others and thrive in a team environment
- Integrity: Submits finished work-product that meets your own high standards
- Commitment to excellence: Strives to do deliver your best work-product
- Collaborative learner: Enjoys working with others to learn on the job
Compensation: Stipend payment of $1,000
We are committed to ensuring our office and alternate educational and event locations are safe for employees and the constituents we serve. The policy of the organization requires all employees to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 to safeguard the health of our employees, visitors, partners, and the constituents we serve.
Oliver Scholars is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
The Oliver Scholars Program
Outdream. Outdo. Outshine.
- 14 Wall Street
- Suite 1720, New York 10005
- Phone: 2124305980
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org