Employment Program Manager
|Salary Range:||60,000 to 62,000|
The Program Manager will report to the Director of the Career & Employment Services Department or Chief Program Officer and be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Employment and Career Services Department with a focus on recruitment, engagement, training, employment placement and retention for unemployed or underemployed individuals residing in NYC.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Participate in strategy and decision-making activities related to the Employment and Career Service Department.
• Recruit, Screen and Enroll program participants and document all services as required by the program and agency procedures.
• Develop the program’s performance goals and guide staff towards goal compliance in all performance areas.
• Launch and manage sector-based training initiatives and partnerships.
• Provide direct supervision to a team of 1-3 individuals leading efforts focused on work readiness, employment placement and retention.
• Ensure the department is represented at community events to promote the workforce initiatives and services.
• Facilitate bi-weekly individual and monthly team meetings to support the professional development, work performance and collaboration among team members.
• Develop monthly and year end reports reflective of program’s goals, progress, and upcoming activities.
• Manage program budget lines and ensure reconciliation of all expenses.
• Participate in professional development activities through individual and group supervision, attendance at conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
• Bachelor’s degree required with at least three years of professional work experience preferably in employment services and/or case management. At least 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience building trusting relationships and collaborative efforts with diverse individuals, employers, colleges and community partners.
• Ability to interact professionally with people from diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic, and varying cultural groups.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
• Capacity to work effectively, take initiative, and thrive in a collaborative work environment.
• Ensure confidentiality in all areas of responsibility and have respect for the value, potential, and dignity for all program participants.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
• Ability to work outdoors and travel throughout NYC.
• Attend and participate in organization-wide initiatives as required (occasional evening and/or weekend events).
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Duties Continued…
• Must have proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Ensure confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Social Media, Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience in a Human Services / Non-Profit organizational setting highly preferred.
Job Benefits Include:
- Aetna Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Twelve (12) Paid Vacation Days Accrued Annually. Increases to Fifteen (15) Vacation Days after 2 years of service.
- Twelve (12) Wellness Days Accrued Annually.
- Up to 12 Paid Holiday Off Per Year
- Corporate discounts – Broadway shows, Theme Parks, Concerts, Hotels, Car Rentals, and more
- EAP – Work/Life, and Wellness Benefit
- FinFit – Financial Health Tool
The New York Urban League
- 675 3rd avenue
- New York, NY 10017
- Phone: 212926800
To apply for this job please visit www.nyul.org.