The Kosciuszko Foundation is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager who will be analytical, proactive, and self-directed. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
The following list of duties describes the various types of work that may be performed, but it is not an all-inclusive list of duties.
- Implement bookkeeping and accounting functions
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems
- Process payroll, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions
- Produce financial statements including balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and general ledger using the accounting system, board reports
- Prepare and post journal entries including yearly closing entries
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and follow up on unusual items
- Oversee filing of tax forms (1099’s)
- Prepare for an annual audit
- Prepare all the required schedules for the annual tax filings (Form 990)
- Perform rigorous quality control on all accounting records and documents
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Performs various accounting, administrative and other related duties as assigned and required by the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum three (3) year experience in the field of accounting with strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel required; knowledge of Word, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MIP accounting software preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please Apply: [email protected]
Position open until filled.
No telephone calls, please.
The Kosciuszko Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The Kosciuszko Foundation
- 15 East 65 Street
- New York, NY 10065
To apply for this job please visit www.thekf.org.