|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
ANHD seeks a creative and collaborative thinker for the full-time position of Communications Associate to join our dynamic and growing team. This individual will guide ANHD’s communicaitons work and play a major role in furthering ANHD’s position as a leader in NYC, NYS and nationally for housing and economic justice. The range for this position is $65,000 – $73,500 and the full range of benefits are listed below.
ANHD is one of NYC’s leading policy advocacy organizations on housing and economic development. We are a member association of 80+ neighborhood-based affordable housing and community development member groups. Join us and together, we will Build. Community. Power. ANHD’s values are the foundation of the work that we do, and we are deeply committed to the importance of movement-building in pursuit of the justice, equity and opportunity that Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and marginalized communities deserve.
ANHD’s Communications Associate will be responsible for listening to and talking with ANHD staff, members, and partners to help inform stakeholders and build consensus around how NYC creates deeply and permanently affordable housing and achieves equitable economic development.
The Communications Associate will manage ANHD’s communications strategy, press strategy, website, e-blasts and lists, social media channels, placements/bookings and graphic design work. They will achieve this work with and by reporting to the Director of Operations, and by working collaboratively with various consultant supports (i.e., expert website, graphic design, event, and lobbying consultants), the Development Associate, Executive Director, program staff and our member coalitions. Check out the entire team you would join here.
The Communication Associate will directly and by managing and working with other ANHD staff and consultants:
1. Create and execute a communications strategy that advances ANHD as a leader in NYC, NYS and nationally for housing and economic justice. (i.e., managing content calendars, including posting times, themes, and important dates, and tracking communications impact).
2. Lead ANHD’s press management, which includes: (1) Responding to incoming media inquiries, screening and fielding to applicable ANHD staff and members. (2) Proactively outreaching to the press to help amplify key messages of ANHD, our members and coalitions. (3) Maintaining press/media list.
3. Lead ANHD’s website management, which is hosted on the Drupal platform. This includes: (1) Regularly reviewing and working with staff to update various pages and systems navigation. (2) Posting new content to the ANHD website.
4. Send various e-blasts, including helping to collect, organize and suggest content (text and pictures) for two bi-weekly newsletters, ANHD’s Member Monthly, and the Funders Quarterly newsletter.
5. Lead email list management in our Salsa email database system to reach and engage the right audiences with our messages.
6. Manage ANHD’s Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media accounts, including (1) Create, post, and repost daily content that engages and informs ANHD’s various audiences and targets (2) Identifying and supporting live social media for select events/moments to uplift key messages.
7. Support ANHD staff placements and bookings to position ANHD staff as thought leaders and experts. This includes supporting staff to be on panels and webinar discussions, and on radio and TV shows.
8. Create visualizations for social media, blogs, reports and white papers that help showcase ANHD’s core issues and engage and educate our audience. This includes working in Canva, Adobe, and coordinating with external designers and printers.
9. Support and develop creative and impactful campaign communications strategies.
10. Support marketing of ANHD events, as needed, including ANHD’s annual community development conference.
11. Stay up to date and informed on the latest digital trends and news, including new ways to engage users.
Qualifications & Requirements:
The ideal candidate is someone who meets many or all the qualifications and requirements listed below:
· Has proven success in developing and executing creative communications strategies to achieve measurable goals
· Has 3-5 years of communications experience in some, but not all, of the areas of communications work you will support at ANHD (i.e., press management, website management, e-blasts and lists management, social media, copywriting, placements/bookings, graphic design work, coalition campaigns).
· Has worked at, volunteered at, or received services from a nonprofit.
· Is deeply committed to racial equity, social justice, and values-based work.
· Is vision and value aligned with ANHD’s issue areas, coalitions, and campaigns.
· Has strong editing and copywriting skills and enjoys communicating complex messages concisely and creatively.
· Manages professional social media accounts.
· Has experience using Salsa, Drupal, Cognito Forms, Adobe, Canva and other professional communications applications.
· Has strong attention to detail, project and time management skills
· Is comfortable responding to a fast-paced, dynamic landscape.
· Is excited to work across a series of project teams that include an array of staff, consultants, coalitions, and partners in the movement.
Benefits & Compensation:
As a ANHD employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also work to ensure an inclusive work environment committed to diversity & dignity, work/life balance, professional development opportunities, and a culture that values our staff team, our members, partners and broader community. As a team we have a deep commitment to the work, a community of collaboration and shared work, and spirit that values laughter and joy in our ANHD spaces.
ANHD is an equal opportunity employer, and actively works to bring the same commitment to racial and economic justice we fight for in our communities to our staffing practices. We encourage and welcome a diverse audience to apply. People of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ individuals, justice involved and others who may contribute to a rich diversity of perspectives and ideas are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary depends on experience. The range for this position is $65,000 – $73,500.
All full-time staff members are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) plan and Financial Security, Paid Time Off and other Benefits as listed here. It also includes annual staff professional development support, attendance at ANHD member events, and office-wide wellness and team building activities, dependent on funding availability.
This position is Hybrid. Applicants will need to be available to work from ANHD’s office in Manhattan at least two days a week, and work remotely three days a week.
Please note that ANHD has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, all ANHD employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. ANHD will consider requests for reasonable accommodations from the vaccine requirement for employees who request them because of disability, pregnancy, childbirth, religious beliefs or observances, or other accommodations as required by law.
Please submit your application with resume, cover letter, and communication sample (e-blast, graphic, social media post, or other communication you have created) HERE.
Applicants will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will receive a response. No calls or emails please.
The Association For Neighborhood & Housing Development, Inc.
- 50 Broad Street, Suite 1402
- New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.