Senior Manager, Girls’ Education Affiliation and Expansion
|Salary Range:||The annual salary range for this role is $76,320 to $93,493 commensurate with skills and experience.|
Senior Manager, Girls’ Education Affiliation and Expansion
Student Leadership Network supports young people growing up in diverse underserved communities to gain access to educational opportunities that help prepare them to lead successful lives. In 1996, Student Leadership Network (SL Network) opened the United States’ first all-girls public school in 30 years – The Young Women’s Leadership School of East Harlem. What started with one school has grown to a network of 36 public schools, including 13 all-girls schools nationwide, and has expanded to support college access and success in co-educational settings across the country. Over the last 25 years, SL Network has impacted more than 44,000 students through three life-changing programs: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), and Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN). To learn more, visit www.student leadership network.org.
SL Network is seeking a Senior Manager, Girls’ Education Affiliation and Expansion to manage national Affiliate school relations and expansion as we strive to: bring our successful girls’ public school model to more students and families nationally, deliver impactful professional development for teachers and administrators rooted in Whole Girl Education practices, and co-create systems to streamline and enrich program communication and logistics. This role reports to the Managing Director of Leadership and New School Development and collaborates with the Girls’ Education National Team. Ability to operate in a hybrid work environment (three days per week in SL Network central office, two days per week remotely). The Senior Manager will also be required to be present at TYWLS schools and engage in some travel (approximately 10-15% of year) to our National Affiliate schools.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
YWLN National Affiliate Schools:
- Manage the YWLN National Affiliate program, a professional learning community for administrators and educators leading and teaching in our national network of girls’ public schools based on our Whole Girl Education model.
- Plan and publicize professional development opportunities, initiatives, events, meetings, and programs for our national Affiliate audience that center culturally relevant practices and are grounded in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all Affiliate communication and inquiries, while creating materials to streamline messaging and interaction(s) among stakeholders.
- Create and share content that highlights resources, opportunities, relevant current events and research, and network-related updates with Affiliate personnel.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with national Affiliate administrators and teachers with the goal of increasing engagement and rapport.
- Liaise with national partners to stay familiar with offerings and connections for national Affiliate schools.
- Co-direct content and operations for Whole Girl Education National Conference, a three-day professional learning opportunity in NYC for educators of girls and gender-expansive youth.
- Manage communication for current new school Launch and Ascend program projects and vet inquiries from prospective clients.
- Manage process for vetting inquiries and recruiting new clients for Whole Girl Education Infuse program that embeds practices and pedagogy into existing girls’ schools across the country.
- Represent SL Network at specified stakeholder meetings to support program growth and to advance the progress of expansion projects.
- Co-create content to support new school development and general girls’ school model expansion.
- Oversee and streamline logistics for expansion program components and events.
- Stay up to date on national research and trends related to education practices that center the experiences of girls and gender-expansive youth.
Operations and Team Responsibilities:
- Manage processes for YWLN teacher and administrator awards on an annual basis.
- Support the Directors in evaluation and data collection of local and national professional development and expansion work.
- Provide tactical and logistical support for TYWLS network-wide events and programming.
- Other team responsibilities as required, e.g. leading team meetings on a rotating schedule, providing board meeting updates, leading sessions at all-staff meetings, supporting student events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant experience in public secondary education: in adult learning, leadership development, training, or program provision, ultimately reaching a student population similar to those that we serve at Student Leadership Network. Seven years experience preferred.
- A demonstrated passion for expanding educational opportunities for girls and gender-expansive youth from historically marginalized groups and belief in Student Leadership Network’s mission.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in girls’ education effective practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, teaching, or related field, from an accredited 4-year college or university required.
- A successful track record of designing and managing education programs to support student outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of the history and development of Student Leadership Network.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders (e.g., principals, teachers, partners, funders, prospective clients, etc.).
- Ability to work in and be a part of a highly collaborative team, while also managing work projects independently.
Compensation: The annual salary range for this role is $76,320 to $93,493 commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: Student Leadership Network offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Medical (health, dental, and vision)
- Health Reimbursement Account (up to $14,000 for families)
- Flexible Spending Account (for Medical, Dependent Care and Transit/Parking)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 4% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Family Leave, minimum twelve weeks based on tenure
- Life Insurance (100% of the insurance premium)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off:
- Full-time employees earn 17 days per year in the first three years
- 10 Federal holidays and 2 floating holidays
- 10 wellness (sick) days per year
- Annual Wellness Week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Summer Fridays early dismissal
- Hybrid Remote Environment (3 days in office, 2 days in remote)
Student Leadership Network is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of all races, faiths, genders, and abilities, immigrants, veterans, LBGTQIA2S+ people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve, are strongly encouraged to apply to join our team.
Application Instructions: Please submit resume and cover via url https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1883659/Student-Leadership-Network-Inc/Senior-Manager-Girls-Education-Affiliation-and-Expansion
Student Leadership Network