Senior Manager, College Access Services
|Salary Range:||The annual salary range for this position is $76,320 to $93,493 commensurate with skills and experience.|
Senior Manager of College Access Services
New York, NY
Student Leadership Network supports young people growing up in diverse underserved communities to gain access to educational opportunities that help prepare them to lead successful lives. In 1996, Student Leadership Network (SL Network) opened the United States’ first all-girls public school in 30 years – The Young Women’s Leadership School of East Harlem. What started with one school has grown to a network of 36 public schools, including 13 all-girls schools nationwide, and has expanded to support college access and success in co-educational settings across the country. Over the last 25 years, SL Network has impacted more than 44,000 students through three life-changing programs: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), and Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN). To learn more, visit www.student leadership network.org.
SL Network is seeking a full-time Senior Manager of College Access Services for our College Bound Initiative program, who will support the organization. The manager will support our newly formed College Access Services team to expand the organization’s capacity building services around college access for schools and districts nationally. This includes partnering with stakeholders at all levels – district leaders, school administrators, teachers, and guidance personnel – to develop the requisite skills, action plan, and best practices needed to bolster the postsecondary outcomes for students of color and other marginalized groups. The Senior Manager will report to the Director for College Access Services.
External Service Offerings:
- Identify, recruit and manage a cohort of clients.
- Provide one-to-one coaching support regarding post-secondary planning for seniors and deepening the college-going culture with each client.
- Develop a school-based team focused on building and sustaining the postsecondary planning, preparation, and goal setting at the school and/or district level.
- Work with the Director of College Access to create and execute individualized school work plans for clients.
- Build staff capacity, understanding, and investment through training and coaching.
- Develop a community of practice of peer schools/districts engaging in similar postsecondary planning.
- Create systems and structures for measuring student success and program assessments.
- Build and routinize processes that correspond to key milestones of the postsecondary planning process.
- Track progress of key postsecondary planning metrics in order to support school-based teams and/or designated school staff in making data-driven decisions and adjustments.
- Assist the Director with providing each client with an assessment of their College Access Program.
- Assist the Director in creating and executing an evaluation plan at each client site.
- Support the Director in the collection and synthesizing of data from clients.
- Coordinate and conduct a series of student workshops and/or events at each school in alignment with the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Coach the designated school counselor in developing and maintaining partnerships with colleges, universities, and post-secondary programs near the schools we serve.
- Manage Salesforce and/or other database systems to ensure accurate and timely record keeping of program deliverables and milestones for internal staff and external clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal Staff Support:
- Network with college admissions professionals to improve the school’s visibility and reputation, leading to the active recruitment of our students by colleges and universities.
- Support other College Access Services programs and initiatives as needed.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Three to Five years of experience in college access, higher education and/or an educational non-profit preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Demonstrated experience with college admissions/counseling at the secondary school or collegiate level.
- Strong strategic thinking and program management skills.
- Ability to produce significant and sustained programmatic results and improvements.
- Ability to perform simple to complex data analyses.
- Strong Knowledge of CUNY and SUNY application and enrollment processes.
- Experience in navigating & understanding of NYC public school system and culture.
- Experience working with and ability to build relationships with New York City students from diverse socioeconomic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge of completing financial applications such as FAFSA, TAP, Excelsior, and CSS.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and editing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in small groups, one-to-one, and in public speaking contexts.
- Knowledge of barriers faced by low income, first generation, college bound students.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Business applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive).
- Ability to interact well with a high-performing, mission-driven staff.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the high school’s administration, faculty, and staff.
- Understanding and commitment towards the mission of the program, with determined delivery of service.
- Dedicated, creative, and ambitious, with an excitement for creating new programs and realizing the full potential for existing efforts. Travel throughout New York City’s five boroughs required.
Compensation: The annual salary range for this position is $76,320 to $93,493 commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: Student Leadership Network offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Medical (health, dental, and vision)
- Health Reimbursement Account (up to $14,000 for families)
- Flexible Spending Account (for Medical, Dependent Care and Transit/Parking)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 4% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Family Leave, minimum twelve weeks based on tenure
- Life Insurance (100% of the insurance premium)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off:
- Full-time employees earn 17 days per year in the first three years
- Summer Fridays early dismissal
- 10 Federal holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Annual Wellness Week between Christmas and New Year’s
- 10 wellness (sick) days per year
- Hybrid Remote Environment (3 days in office, 2 days in remote)
Student Leadership Network is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of all races, faiths, genders, and abilities, immigrants, veterans, LBGTQIA2S+ people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve, are strongly encouraged to apply to join our team.
Student Leadership Network
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.