Manager of Alumni Engagement
|Job Category:||Other, Programs/Services|
Student Leadership Network (SL Network) operates three programs that empower young people from underserved communities to access educational opportunities that prepare them to lead successful lives: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), a high-performing network of all-girls public secondary schools; CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a comprehensive college access and success program for young men and women; and the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), a national network of 15 all-girls schools modeled after our TYWLS network. SL Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for the students we serve. To learn more, visit our website at: www.Studentleadershipnetwork.org.
SL Network is seeking a Manager of Alumni Engagement to support the development, implementation, and assessment of Student Leadership Network’s new and developing college persistence/ advisement program.
Primary role and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design tailored support for post-secondary persistence and matriculation, overseeing the general college transition needs for 1st and 2nd-year students including but not limited to: class registration, academic progress, remedial supports, FAFSA completion, etc.
- Hire, train and plan professional development for SL Network’s post-secondary near-peers and/or interns, throughout the academic year and summer.
- Manage campus relationships and foster positive relationships with college/university student support services in order to facilitate student referrals.
- Work collaboratively with Alumni Engagement colleagues to implement and support departmental programming, partnerships, and post-secondary success efforts.
- Explore advising services using the online platform Graduway. Create and maintain systems of communication and relationship building between network alumni at specific colleges/universities and between network alumni and the Alumni Engagement team.
- Data systems and reporting- work with Director of Research and Evaluation and data team to track program participant’s persistence/graduation. Run reports to inform programming and staff initiatives.
- Ability to travel to campuses required under SL Network travel reimbursement policy
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key/ Required Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs, College Counseling, Social Work, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in higher education or college access required.
- Familiarity with CUNY/SUNY admissions, testing, financial aid, transfer policies, and campus support services.
- Experience working with first-generation, low-income, and/or BIPOC student communities.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of New York City public school culture.
- Experience in program/curriculum design and assessment.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills. Comfortable facilitating both youth and young adults in small and large group settings.
- Decisive and demonstrated sound judgment.
- Ability to self-organize, forecast, and manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or student employees.
Compensation: Competitive/commensurate with experience.
Student Leadership Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K matching, and ancillary benefits.
Instructions for applying: Cover letter and resume via website career page or URL.
Student Leadership Network
- 322 8th Avenue
- New York, NY 10001
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.