SC Group Administrative Assistant Job Description
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: In person preferred, hybrid in New York, NY negotiable
The SC Group is a New York-based nonprofit philanthropic collective privileged to steward resources to organizations working to make our communities and the world more sustainable, equitable, and just. We have a deep interest in, and commitment to, supporting organizations working on environmental justice, democracy and voter protection, public health, reproductive rights, immigration, elder justice, social and legal services, food insecurity, human rights, criminal justice, and journalism.
The culture at the SC Group is necessarily built around warm and impactful relationships. We value kindness and can-do, positive attitudes. We appreciate independent thinking and collaborative brainstorming. We are hard-working, passionate; and civically engaged. We welcome finding ways to improve and to expand our ability to do good inside and outside our organization.
The SC Group Administrative Assistant will be an integral member of a small, scrappy, entrepreneurial team that manages the administration of all the SC Group’s philanthropic activities. You will help to shape the Group’s internal processes and culture, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to our grantmaking. This position is a great opportunity for an early career professional looking for experience in philanthropic giving and non‐profit management.
Perform administrative and grants management for the President and other staff including:
· Perform general administrative tasks, including but not limited to correspondence, scheduling, and information management;
· Review grant applications, including budgets and financial statements, processing funding requests, tracking grantee reports, entering grantee information into our database, and preparing and tracking grant agreements;
· Provide support for meetings, webinars, site visits, and conferences including taking detailed notes;
· Maintain files and office archives;
· Draft memoranda and correspondence as needed and requested;
· Help with the design and use of technology systems and procedures that ensure efficient and effective grantmaking;
· Research potential new grantees and program areas.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational and project management skills;
- High emotional intelligence, patient, compassionate, and well-rounded;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, analytical and creative problem-solving skills, accountability and judgment;
- Proven ability to handle confidential and time sensitive information with discretion;
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work both independently and on a team;
- Intellectually curious with commitment to continuous learning and improvement;
- Interest in philanthropy, social justice, and knowledge of the nonprofit field;
- Standard computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, and Access) are required. Experience working with databases is a plus;
- Be or qualify to become a notary.
- Two years of work experience in a related field preferred. We are open to considering truly extraordinary candidates who are in earlier stages of their career;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
This is a full-time position. The base salary for this position is $40-60k depending on experience. The SC Group currently offers excellent benefits (full health, employer retirement plan contributions), vacation, holiday, and sick day allowance, commuter benefit program, a commitment to professional development and growth, as well as funding of a charitable DAF account.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, a one-page cover letter, and three professional references with their contact information to [email protected] with the subject line “SC Group Administrative Assistant Application”. Please also include where you learned of this opportunity.
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Early submission is encouraged as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
As an organization that believes in and supports science, the SC Group aims to do our part to help contain the COVID-19 pandemic. For the sake of health, safety, and equity, we require that all staff and visitors to our office be fully vaccinated, masked in common areas, and willing to take COVID tests from time to time. The SC Group treats all vaccine-related data confidentially.
The SC Group provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment free of discrimination. We celebrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice not only in our work but also in our work culture. The SC Group conducts our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org