Senior Manager, Institutional Giving (Hybrid, Full-Time)
|$75,000 - $80,000
We seek a candidate with significant private fundraising experience, including knowledge and relationships in the foundation world. The individual should have exceptional persuasive writing skills, strong strategic thinking skills, and a passion for fundraising and our mission. Working closely with the Director of Institutional Giving—and managing an experienced, full-time Grants Coordinator—the Senior Manager of Institutional Giving will help devise and implement annual fundraising goals, including proactively identifying new funders and strategies to help grow the support base of this innovative, high-impact agency. They will also work closely with program, finance, and data and evaluation staff and take initiative to become familiar with Sanctuary’s diverse array of programs to ensure compelling, clear, high-quality proposal and report submissions.
The Senior Manager will lead major funder relationships and cultivation efforts, and work closely work with senior agency leadership and Board members.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Sanctuary for Families’ online job portal.
Please note that applicants who do not submit a cover letter with their application will not be considered.
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Giving in strategic planning for the portfolio, including outreach and cultivation strategies for foundations, corporations, and elected officials/government funders, and annual and multiyear revenue projections
- Craft high-quality proposal and solicitation packages for funders
- Lead preparation and development of grant proposals, including project management, outreach and planning with internal and external stakeholders, drafting narrative and/or delegating drafting, coordinating budgets with finance staff; and following up with stakeholders to ensure that all deadlines throughout the process are met
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of foundation/corporate funders—including email, phone, and in-person meetings as well as all information requests, reports, etc.
- Help to cultivate relationships with new foundation and corporate funders
- Plan and execute site visits and meetings with major funders, and actively participate in calls/meetings with funders at all levels
- Identify new private and public funding opportunities and make recommendations to development, senior staff, and Board members
- Keep meticulous records of history and contact with funders, deadlines, and project plans
- Follow philanthropic and giving trends and monitor current events relevant to Sanctuary’s work
- Supervise Grants Coordinator including oversight of award processing, acknowledgement letters, deadline tracking, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Sanctuary’s 14-member Development & Communications team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of foundation grant writing/grant management experience with track record of success
- Exceptional persuasive writing skills, including the ability to synthesize a wide range of material accurately and quickly, as well as strong editing skills
- Strong oral communication/presentation skills, including comfort liaising with executive leadership, Board members, funders, and elected officials
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT/other CRM and project management tools a plus
- Ability to work with budgets and other financial documents
- Knowledge of and commitment to anti-gender violence work, racial and social justice, and gender equity
- Prior experience working with human service/social justice nonprofit development preferred
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Excellent people skills—ability to work with a diverse range of staff, volunteers, board members etc. and handle all interactions with tact, diplomacy, and humor
- Creativity (e.g. new ideas for reaching out to potential donors) is highly desirable
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Outlook; familiarity and/or ability to quickly learn other software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge fundraising database)
Budgeted Salary: $75,000 – $80,000
Work position is currently Hybrid; must be able to meet job location schedule obligation
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary For Families
- PO Box 1406 Wall Street Station
- New York, NY 10268