Manager, Residential Services
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
|Salary Range:||$60,000 - $63,000|
Sanctuary for Families is New York’s leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The Manager, Residential Services will be responsible for the oversight of all administrative duties of Rosa Parks, its clients and staff. Directly supervises all shelter staff at Rosa Parks.
- Provides administrative supervision to on-site shelter staff.
- Trains new staff.
- Conducts monthly community meetings with residents on site.
- Collaborates with Case Managers/Counselors for onsite groups.
- Ensures notes are entered into Salesforce within a week of occurrence.
- Follows up on all incident reports at the shelter site.
- Facilitates scheduling of on-site shelter staff and rotating Residential Aids.
- Ensuring there is always 24-hour coverage at the shelter for each shift and if necessary, report to shelter to cover any shift.
- Responsible for managing shelter operations efficiently.
- Manages petty cash and metro card requests responsibly and in a timely manner.
- Communicates with city personnel as needed.
- Complete shelter assessments as needed.
- Responsible for greeting and sign-on of clients and reiteration of shelter rules.
- Conducts on-site client intakes.
- Ensures shelter staff properly completes attendance in SORTS on weekends and holidays.
- Implements schedule and activities for clients.
- Ensures security of shelter and safety of residents and staff.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining S-95 and F-07 fire safety certifications.
- Conducts and coordinates with residential aids weekly apartment inspections and discussing with residents results of inspections.
- Responds to emergencies in a trauma-informed/structured manner and immediately notifies the Program Director.
- Works closely and in consultation with Case Managers and Counselors concerning client’s needs.
- Attends and participates in Weekly Case Management meeting and Clinical Staff meeting once per month.
- Coordinates with facilities staff to ensure that necessary maintenance & repairs are being performed.
- Oversees maintenance of client files and shelter records, and enters necessary data into client tracking system.
- Takes inventory and orders supplies for the shelter as needed and with the approval of supervisor.
- Completes monthly shelter reports and submit to Director.
- Perform any other department or agency duties or special projects as directed.
- Bachelor degree and substantive shelter experience needed;
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong communication skills and solid computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of NYC public benefits and housing systems a plus.
- Experience working with diverse populations a plus.
- Working knowledge of the databases SORTS and Salesforce preferred.
Budgeted Salary: $60,000 – $63,000
Work position is in-person full time
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary For Families
- PO Box 1406 Wall Street Station
- New York, NY 10268
- Phone: 212 349-6009
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.