Children Activity Leader
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
|Salary Range:||$20.00/hour - $20.00/hour|
Sanctuary for Families is New York’s leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking, and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
Provides educational, recreational, and social activities for children aged zero to eighteen and their families through Sanctuary for Families Children and Family Services Program and the Queens-New York City Family Justice Center.
- Provides in-person childcare to children whose caregivers visit the Queens Family Justice Center.
- Facilitates therapeutic activity groups for children and their families.
- Assists the Program Coordinator/Supervisor with developing and compiling curriculum.
- Conducts community and educational outreach events.
- Helps connect children and their caregivers with children’s resources in their communities.
- Assists with maintaining inventory in the Children’s Room and ordering supplies.
- Compiles and enters statistics and assists with record keeping.
- Participates in weekly supervision and other meetings as necessary.
- Perform any other department, agency or site related duties or special projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related discipline preferred or 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
Budgeted Salary: $20.00/hr – $20.00/hr
Work position is in-person full time; must be located in or able to travel to NYC area
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
To apply, click here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1481881
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary For Families
- PO Box 1406 Wall Street Station
- New York, NY 10268
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.