Grants Management Associate
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
Sakhi for South Asian Women exists to represent the South Asian diaspora in a survivor-led movement for gender-justice and to honor the collective and inherent power of all survivors of violence. Sakhi is committed to serving survivors through a combination of efforts including—but not limited to—direct services, advocacy and organizing, technical assistance, and community outreach.
The Grants Management Associate will be responsible for ensuring that Sakhi meets the ongoing requirements of its various grants and contracts and remains in good standing with all of its agency partners (government and private foundations). This includes overseeing contract registration, coordinating accurate reporting and agency performance reviews, ensuring that Sakhi’s policies and practices are in compliance with contract stipulations. The Grants Management Associate will be based in Sakhi’s Finance Department and report to the Finance and Operations Associate and work in close coordination with Sakhi’s Grant Writer and programmatic staff.
● With support from the Grant Writer (or whoever had primary responsibility for submitting the original funding proposal)—quickly and accurately execute new government and private grant contracts and awards, including but not limited to informing staff as necessary about grant deliverable and tracking requirements, providing agency-required documents, arranging necessary signing and notarization, maintaining internal records, reviewing and recording all contact stipulations, and arranging internal reportng, payment/reimbursement request processes upon receipt of new grant awards
● Overseeing all government and institutional grant-related reporting including but not limited to programmatic and financial reports. This includes coordinating with staff in the organization as necessary (e.g. program staff for performance data and program accomplishments), the grant writer for support with written narrative, and finance staff for expense reports)
● Serve as Sakhi’s primary point of contact contact with government agency representatives/program officers regarding ongoing grant management and compliance including but not limited to programmatic deliverables, changes to scopes of work, financial management, required organizational staff development and technical assistance, budget revisions, budget restrictions, and adherence to funding agency financial policies and requirements
● Maintaining and ensuring organizational compliance documents and procedures are up to date and internally filed for all relevant government and private grants
● Serve as internal coordinator and point-of-contact for government grant-related audits, site visits, or any other grant-related monitoring. This includes working with Sakhi staff and agency representatives as necessary to prepare and follow up.
● Manage Sakhi’s accounts with all required grant-related and government-related vendor portals and ensure that Sakhi’s accounts are current with all necessary portals in order to receive payments, submit reports and applications, and conduct any other necessary grant administration (Including but not limited to NYC Passport, JustGrants, E-snaps, vendor portals like SFS and Vendrep, eLOCCS, ASAP, SAM, grants.gov)
● Perform other tasks as directed
Candidates must be over 18 and authorized to work in the United States. Sakhi will not sponsor for a work visa.
Desired experiences are:
● Project management
● Coordinating complex efforts involving different people and departments
● Familiarity with managing government social service grants and contracts
● Familiarity with South Asian immigrant communities is a plus
● Familiarity with issues of gender justice, domestic violence, gender-based violence is a plus
Desired competencies are:
● Detail oriented and thorough
● Clear, direct, diplomatic, and sensitive in all verbal and written communication
● Able to juggle multiple deadlines and deliverables
● Ability to both develop and maintain intuitive filing systems
● Knowledge of Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or any collaborative fundraising/project management/CRM/social service case management databases a big plus
● Speaking and writing ability in any South Asian language a plus
Compensation and Schedule
This is a part-time position with an expected schedule of 16 hours per week (equivalent of 2 days per week) at an hourly compensation of $25/hr . The schedule will be set with your supervisor but fall within Sakhi’s normal business hours M-F 10AM-6PM. The position will begin remote, however candidates should be based in the New York City metro area for an eventual return to in-person work. Hybrid work arrangements may be possible in the long-term but will require some regular in-person work.
Sakhi is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject “Grants Management Associate Applicant”
Sakhi for South Asian Women
- P.O.Box 1333, Church Street Station
- New York, NY 10008