Major Gifts Coordinator
Rudolf Steiner School is seeking a Major Gifts Coordinator. The Major Gifts Coordinator is a member of the Philanthropy Department and works closely with Philanthropy team members, Director of Enrollment and Outreach, and the Digital Media Manager. The Major Gifts Coordinator reports to and works closely with the School Administrator to increase support to the Rudolf Steiner School Annual Fund within the parent, alumni, and former parent community. Our ideal candidate is an energetic, results-oriented team player who will provide leadership and direction to generate additional annual revenue and foster close relationships with key constituents.
Rudolf Steiner School, an independent nursery to 12 school and the first Waldorf School in North America, is located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The school is committed to building a healthy, inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NYC. We value an interest in diversity and multi-cultural competence. Steiner is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for potential major gifts ($10,000+) from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Collaborate with Philanthropy Operations Coordinator to provide data for Raisers Edge input; including but not limited to gift entry, generating acknowledgement letters, producing queries, running gift reports, mailing-list exports, and donor tracking for major gifts
- Coordinate and collaborate with Philanthropy team to manage relationships with major gifts prospects
- Collaborate with the Events Coordinator and Parent Council to grow an active volunteer pool
- Support and partner with the School Administrator, Philanthropy team, and board members in fundraising opportunities and gift conversations
- Coordinate and maintain overall annual giving schedule
- Produce status reports for the BOARD as requested by the School Administrator
- Support the Philanthropy Department and the Events Coordinator with fundraising events as needed
- Participate in Alumni Committee and collaborate with the Events Coordinator and Philanthropy Operations Coordinator to engage and strengthen annual support from alumni
- Late nights and weekends as needed for event planning and coordinating
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising and major gifts management
- Comfortable soliciting donations of money, time, and goods
- Experience with Raisers Edge and Greater Giving
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Suite
- Strong written and communications skills
- Familiarity with Rudolf Steiner School and/or Waldorf Education a plus
To be considered for the Major Gifts Coordinator position, please send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to [email protected]. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Rudolf Steiner School is an equal opportunity employer. The School is committed to working earnestly to sustain a welcoming community that reflects the diverse range of cultures and nationalities in New York City. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, or any other category protected by law. The School takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance all qualified candidates.
Rudolf Steiner School
- 15 East 79th Street
- New York, NY 10075