Rudolf Steiner School is seeking an Events Coordinator. The Events Coordinator is a member of the Philanthropy Department and reports to the School Administrator. The Events coordinator will work closely with faculty, staff, and volunteers to continue growing a strong community of supporters. Our ideal candidate is an energetic, results-oriented team player who will help to generate additional annual revenue and foster close relationships with key constituents.
Rudolf Steiner School, an independent nursery to 12 school and the first Waldorf School in North America, is located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The school is committed to building a healthy, inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NYC. We value an interest in diversity and multi-cultural competence. Steiner is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Philanthropy Department team members and the School Administrator to establish an effective calendar of logistic and fundraising activities to engage donors
- Work with respective committees and Parent Council to manage all details for a variety of events (Fall Fair and Spring Gala and several others differing in size, scope, and focus)
- Coordinate and manage annual auction events, including sponsors, auction donations and acknowledgement letters
- Serve as the primary point of contact for faculty, staff, parents, and alumni for non-programmatic issues and provides onsite support, leadership and troubleshooting during events as needed
- Assist with set up and on-site management of events and works with the Facilities department to ensure the efficient and timely management of school facilities
- Create, coordinate, and disseminate events communications and program announcements via email, web, social media, and print to internal and external audiences, including calendar announcements
- Maintain budget records, including tracking all expenses for advertising and marketing, and processing budget request documents. Provide support in accounts receivable, tracking receivables, and recording deposits related to events
- Participate in Alumni Committee and collaborate with the Major Gifts Coordinator and Philanthropy Operations Coordinator to engage and strengthen annual support from alumni
- Late nights and weekends as needed for event planning and coordinating
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in event coordination and planning
- Experience in marketing, communications, and fundraising
- Comfortable soliciting donations of money, time, and goods
- Experience with Raisers Edge and Greater Giving
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of WordPress platform
- Strong written and communications skills
To be considered for the Events Coordinator position, please send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to [email protected]. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Rudolf Steiner School is an equal opportunity employer. The School is committed to working earnestly to sustain a welcoming community that reflects the diverse range of cultures and nationalities in New York City. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, or any other category protected by law. The School takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance all qualified candidates.
Rudolf Steiner School
- 15 East 79th Street
- New York, New York 10075
- Phone: 2125312130