Grants Management Assistant
|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture, Environmental, International/Foreign Affairs, Other|
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund seeks a Grants Management Assistant to provide administrative tasks in the Grants Management/Corporate Secretary department. Reporting to the Grants Manager, Compliance and Grants Administration, the incumbent will provide administrative support in relation to compliance and budgeting, financial management, database, and grant files and records. They will assist with all aspects of grant administration including reviewing and proof-reading grant agreements, and other materials and preparing requests for payment of grants and non-grant appropriations. This role will also provide administrative support the Grants Management/Corporate Secretary team and performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
Compliance and Budgeting
• Assist in the review of proposed grant and appropriation recommendations, including the final proofreading of recommendations, to ensure accuracy and completeness of documents.
• Run Bridger Insight compliance reports for new grants and subsequent payments.
• Assist in the review of grant agreements, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Participate in reviewing grant reporting for compliance and following up with staff and grantees on any outstanding issues presented.
• Assist in monitoring expenditure responsibility and pass-through requirements.
• Support the preparation of reports for the board on the Fund’s grantmaking activities.
• Coordinate with the Accounting team on payment matters.
• Track and monitor payments.
• Support the preparation of payment requests following review and countersignature from grantees and consultants, updating records in GivingData, and helping to coordinate weekly payment process with the Accounting team.
• Review payment requests and payment letters for accuracy; help to coordinate Corporate Secretary review and follow-up with program staff as needed.
• Assist with reconciliation of grant, conference, and other program budget expenditures.
• Review and confirm accuracy of all grant-related information. Enter requirements and upload grant-related documentation into GivingData.
• Work with the Grants Management team and other staff to optimize use of database and maintain coding structure.
• Run reports in the database, as needed.
Grants Files and Records
• Maintain and archive grant-related paper files, liaising with the Rockefeller Archive Center.
• Maintain and archive electronic grant files.
• Assist with the grants close-out process.
• Assist with reconciliations of Pocantico conferences.
• Assist with grantmaking process orientation for new staff.
Support to Grant Management/Corporate Secretary Team
• Assist/backstop the Grants Manager, Systems and Data Analysis, when necessary.
• Schedule meetings and travel and process expense reports for the Grants Management/Corporate Secretary team.
• Monitor the Grants Management email inbox, fielding and replying to unsolicited email. Field telephone inquiries about the RBF’s grantmaking and grant application process.
• Provide administrative support for the Corporate Secretary’s Direct Charitable Activity (DCA) projects. Track DCA time and report to the Accounting team.
Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to draft and proofread documents with attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to be consistently diplomatic, tactful, and professional, and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and external parties.
• Collegial, flexible, and collaborative workstyle, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet short deadlines with flexibility.
• Willingness and desire to take initiative.
• Strong knowledge of and ability to use computer technology to accomplish work efficiently, using email, the Internet, database management software (i.e., GivingData), and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to develop and maintain broad knowledge of the RBF’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures.
Additionally, each employee is expected to:
• Understand and support the philanthropic mission of the RBF.
• Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from the RBF.
• Manage the resources of the RBF in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
• Advance diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in core responsibilities and institution-wide efforts.
• Respect the contribution of each employee of the RBF and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
• Appreciate differences in perspectives and point of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
• Commit time to RBF activities and conversations that strengthen the Fund’s culture and improve its effectiveness.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Two years of related work experience.
• Experience in philanthropic or broader nonprofit sector.
• Experience with databases required.
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
To apply, please send a letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications along with a resume to [email protected] Include Grants Management Assistant on the subject line of your email. No telephone or fax inquiries please. Application deadline is September 11, 2020.
For additional information please visit our website at www.rbf.org.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com