|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
|Salary Range:||$63,000 - $75,000|
Overview of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager will support the execution of RTNYC’s annual fundraising plan, including securing funding from individuals, foundations, and corporate funders and managing the marketing and communications efforts. The Development Manager is also responsible for organizing, executing, following up, and reporting on RTNYC’s fundraising events. They will manage the donor database, gift entry and acknowledgment, development calendar, grants management, and other operational tasks for the development team.
Corporate and Foundation Relations (20% )
Under the direction of the Development Director, implement a strategic fundraising strategy to secure corporate and foundation contributions.
• Generate $100,000+ of corporate/foundation grants annually
• Research and facilitate the development of relationships with funders through regular communications and arranging and prepping for meetings and presentations.
• Track and meet grant submission and reporting deadlines.
• Draft funding proposals and ensure proper submission.
• Collect the budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc. to support grant requests and reporting.
• Track the fulfillment of grants with program staff and serve as ongoing liaison to donors.
Fundraising Events (30%)
Coordinate 3-4 annual fundraising events to support the development function.
• Organize events including the annual gala, golf outing, and She Builds.
• Lead and execute the Associate Board’s Fundraising with a revenue goal of $20,000.
• Draft sponsorship packages and solicit sponsors.
• Organize silent auctions, raffles, and other components of events.
• Manage registration process and post-event follow-up.
• Manage vendors and volunteers.
Corporate Volunteer Events (15%)
Under the direction of the Development Director, manage corporate-sponsored volunteer events.
• Secure and coordinate 7-10 corporate volunteer groups that collectively generate $50,000.
• Research potential new funders.
• Act as the point of contact with corporate volunteers.
• Coordinate volunteer sites with Construction team.
• Create volunteer event materials including project description one-pagers, registration pages, gear up emails, and impact reports.
• Coordinate volunteer event days components.
Communications and Marketing (15%)
Lead communications and marketing efforts.
• Develop and write compelling stories about our services and impact, including creation of the annual report.
• Coordinate and publish quarterly newsletter.
• Maintain social media accounts and marketing plan in collaboration with program teams.
• Lead the creation of event marketing collateral designed by outside designers.
• Act as point of contact for public relations and press.
• Oversee website, including communication with website developer.
Systems and Infrastructure (20%)
Maintain and enhance fundamental systems required to run an efficient fundraising program.
• Manage annual fundraising calendar of activities.
• Ensure an accurate and timely gift entry and acknowledgment process.
• Maintain donor records and ensure accuracy and efficacy of donor database, includes coordination with Finance team.
• Create reports for the board of directors and fundraising committees.
• Manage donor acknowledgment, communications, and invoicing/receipts.
Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in non-profit development or related experience.
• Must be mission-driven with a strong interest in improving social good.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Strong writing skills.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
• Detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task.
• Experience with the use of social media.
• Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate.
• Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential, sensitive information.
• Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience working with electronic donor tracking databases, preferably Salesforce.
Rebuilding Together NYC is an equal opportunity/aﬃrmative action employer. We value a diverse workforce. All qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender-identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement to [email protected] with the subject line “Development Manager Interest”. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this employment opportunity may contact the HR manager at [email protected]
Rebuilding Together NYC
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org