|Job Category:||Communications, Development, Executive, Finance, Programs/Services|
|Job Sectors:||Education, Other|
Project Pericles is a not-for-profit organization that promotes civic engagement and social responsibility at colleges and universities across the country and empowers students to address pressing public policy issues. Project Pericles develops and runs programs, conferences, workshops, and research projects in collaboration with our 31 member institutions. We work with presidents, provosts, program directors, faculty, staff, and students at our member institutions.
Founded by educational philanthropist Eugene M. Lang, Project Pericles encourages and facilitates commitments by colleges and universities to include social responsibility and participatory citizenship across the undergraduate experience in the classroom, on the campus, and in the community. For more information, please visit www.projectpericles.org.
In addition to project management, the Associate Director will take the lead on fundraising and communications. will enjoy working on multiple projects and be a self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of program management tasks. Demonstrated leadership, creativity, resourcefulness, and accomplishment is a must.
· Manage multiple grant projects and implement signature Periclean programs including: Creating Curricular Coherence, Debating for Democracy (D4D)™, the Periclean Faculty Leadership (PFL) Program™, the Periclean Voting Modules, and Student Choices–Student Voices (SCSV).
· Plan and implement fundraising initiatives with corporations, foundations, government, and individual donors.
· Direct promotion, public relations, and publications of Project Pericles, including website, e-newsletter, and print materials.
· Draft grant proposals and reports to various constituencies including foundations, Presidents, and the Board of Directors.
· Implement organizational policy, major projects, and strategic long-term planning.
· Provide support to and develop relationships with member colleges and universities.
· Prepare financial documents and reports for the audit.
· Coordinate and plan conferences, workshops, and meetings of the Board of Directors, Presidents, and Program Directors.
· Other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree required and authorization to work in the United States. Advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum eight years of work experience as a goal-oriented manager in higher education, public policy or non-profit enterprise, with demonstrated capacity for leadership, creativity, resourcefulness and accomplishment.
· Understanding of the rationale, mission and strategy of Project Pericles, a personal affinity to its objectives, and an ability to communicate its inspiration and national significance.
· Experience in preparing budgets and grant proposals, and implementing fundraising programs. Experience cultivating financial support from corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
· Demonstrated management and leadership abilities with a strong hands-on work ethic, initiative, a good sense of public relations, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated excellence in project management and the ability to work on multiple, time-sensitive projects in a rapidly-changing environment.
· Superb written and financial skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to work well with multiple constituents.
· Understanding of college and university governance and the institutional roles, responsibilities, and relationships of faculty, students, and other constituencies.
· Significant contacts and familiarity with the educational, political, philanthropic, and public service sectors.
· Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software preferred.
· Maturity and a sense of humor.
Salary: $75,000-$80,000 based on education and experience
Medical insurance and 403(b) retirement savings plan
This is a full-time position based in New York City and will begin in Fall 2019.
Please e-mail a resume, a cover letter articulating your interest in the position and explaining how your capabilities and experience match our requirements, a one to three page writing sample, and the names of two references to [email protected].
Note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
For consideration, you must also mail a hard copy to:
Jan R. Liss
Project Pericles, Inc.
551 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1910
New York, NY 10176
No telephone inquiries, please.
Project Pericles is an EEO employer.
- 551 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1910
- New York, NY 10176