Service Coordinator (Temporary)
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $55,000 per year, based on experience|
Service Coordinator (Temporary)
Project FIND’s mission is to provide low- and moderate-income and homeless seniors with the services and support they need to enrich their lives and live independently. Today Project FIND operates three supportive housing residences that are home to about 600 people and four older adult centers [RE1] with over 3,000 members. Our members and residents range from the healthy and active to the frail and homebound to the homeless. For all these men and women, Project FIND is a critical resource, providing housing, meals, and programs that help individuals navigate the challenges of aging by encouraging community engagement and healthy living. Please visit our website at: www.projectfind.org
The Service Coordinator will work with tenants, who are all seniors, at the Woodstock Hotel. The program provides case management services, information, referrals, counseling, housing assistance, and crisis intervention for clients and their families. The Service Coordinator is responsible for conducting detailed assessments to determine client needs and eligibility for services, engaging with clients to develop and implement a service plan and providing supportive case management and counseling on a regular, on-going basis.
- Conduct intake and assessment screening, assessing mental and physical health needs and supports, and financial eligibility for benefits, entitlements, conduct home and office and community visits to address unmet needs.
- Implement constructive short and long-term interventions through counseling, education about counseling supports, case management, advocacy, referral for corollary services, long-term planning, and assistance with benefits.
- In collaboration with Property Management assist with income affidavits, rental subsidy maintenance, housing applications and recertifications and assist in collecting rent as needed.
- Provide direct support and education to caregivers (clients and families) on topics that can help support them in their caregiving capacity (e.g., self-care, health and wellness, legal planning, assisting care receivers with daily needs).
- Provide timely documentation and maintenance of client files and progress notes.
- Perform other related tasks as requested or assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Gerontology. Licensed LMSW or LCSW preferred with at least 2 years relevant experience in social services, assistance with benefits a plus.
· Experience working with older adult populations and families preferred.
· Bilingual language Spanish fluency preferred,
· Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office,
· Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation required.
· Time management skills to coordinate multiple responsibilities and services.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in both a home and office environment.
· Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, characteristics, and cultures.
Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; in person. ** Please note this is a temporary position that is expected to last until July 2, 2023. **
- 127 West 43rd Street
- New York, NY 10036
- Phone: (212) 874-0300
To apply for this job please visit projectfind.bamboohr.com.