Chief Technology Officer
|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture|
PNP is excited to partner with the American Guild of Organists (AGO) in their search for a Chief Technology Officer. (Please note: depending on the CTO’s location, this position will be either partly or fully remote.)
The American Guild of Organists is the national professional association serving the organ and choral music fields. The AGO serves approximately 13,500 members in 285 chapters throughout the United States and abroad. The mission of the AGO is to foster a thriving community of musicians who share their knowledge and inspire passion for the organ. Our vision is to engage, support, and uplift every organist.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Chief Technology Officer is responsible for articulating the AGO’s technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that technological resources are aligned with the AGO’s structure and needs.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director. The Chief Technology Officer will work under the direction of the Executive Director of the AGO and collegially as a team member in close coordination with AGO staff, national governing board, committees including the Committee on Information Technology, and leaders of the Guild’s 285 chapters.
1. Identify the requirements for, conceptualize and articulate the AGO’s multi-year roadmap for technology and data.
2. Work with the AGO’s Executive Director, key staff and the Information Technology Committee to prioritize, plan, and budget projects
3. Evaluate, procure, implement and manage the AGO’s technology resources and systems including:
- A new Association Management System (AMS)
- An online dues collection solution that effectively and efficiently addresses national and Chapter needs
- A new website (with appropriate integrations with the AMS and potentially other systems)
- An email marketing/communications solution that will primarily be used by communications and membership staff teams
- Financial and other technologies that are essential to the AGO’s short- and long-term operations.
- Virtual meeting, webinar, and other community platforms needed to deliver online education and events
- Internal network including computers, secure storage and other day-to-day productivity tools.
4. Create and manage all timelines and manage vendors for the development and deployment of all technological services.
5. Oversee the ongoing evolution and maintenance of the AGO website, including:
- Implementing a structured internal publishing process that involves both the CTO and designated staff (includes the online presentation of The American Organist (TAO) monthly magazine).
- Preparing and analyzing website analytics and providing staff and volunteer leadership with regular reports.
6. Advise and assist with the development and support of websites/web pages for National and Regional Conventions, Conferences, Pipe Organ Encounters (POE), and January Jubilees.
7. Provide AGO staff and Chapters with technical training and support on the use of the AGO’s AMS and other technology systems (e.g., centrally hosted Chapter websites).
8. Provide AGO staff with guidance on the use of social media.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably tech-related
2. 10+ years of technology experience, including 5+ years at a nonprofit or membership association with a headquarters and numerous chapters
3. Direct experience using one or more Association Management Systems that supports a large chapter structure
4. Ideal candidate will have created and fully implemented an AMS migration plan
5. Experience researching and recommending technology vendors
6. Strong project management skills in working with vendors to complete desired technological initiatives (such as new website, mobile apps, live streaming)
7. Familiarity with the technology and possibilities for virtual events and online learning
8. An executive with a C-Suite vision, confidence, and experience in change management
9. Strong written and verbal communication skills
10. A technical expert who enjoys training staff and providing customer support to chapter administrators; this will require warmth, patience, tact, and the people skills to work with a range of stakeholders, including professional musicians, volunteers, and senior citizens
Please send resume and cover letter to Wade Savitt, Executive Recruiter with PNP Staffing Group.
PNP Staffing Group
- 515 Madison Avenue
- New York, NY 10022
- United States