Operations & Administration Coordinator
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $60,000|
TITLE: Operations & Administration Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Finance & Operations
BASIC FUNCTION: The Operations & Administration Coordinator works closely with the Vice President, Finance & Operations to support general operations, administration, and finance functions at Nonprofit New York. The role will also assist with the implementation and maintenance of organizational policies and procedures related to human resources, organizational meetings, and events. The Operations & Administration Coordinator will have a particular focus on coordinating logistics in accordance with organizational objectives and providing financial information and updates to outsourced accounting professionals.
BACKGROUND: Nonprofit New York’s mission is to champion and strengthen New York’s nonprofits through capacity building and advocacy to cultivate a more unified, just and powerful sector. We believe that healthy nonprofits are better equipped to fulfill their mission and that organizations are only as healthy as their workplace systems and culture. We also believe that a focus on race equity is a condition of success for all nonprofits. Nonprofit New York provides resources and learning opportunities to nonprofits across all subsectors of the field and engage in public policy advocacy that benefits the entirety of the sector. When we organize and mobilize together, our voice is amplified, our influence is magnified, and real change is possible.
With a Board representing key nonprofit subsectors, and a dedicated team of staff members, Nonprofit New York has an operating budget of approximately $2 million per year. Nonprofit New York is wrapping up a strategic planning process to identify values and priorities to frame the next three years of work. We are a small but mighty team that brings curiosity to our work, collaborates intentionally, has fun, and finds inspiration in our mission. See www.nonprofitnewyork.org for more information.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
● Assist with recruitment, employee onboarding, and employee relations
● Assist with benefits administration processes for staff
● Coordinate office operations: order supplies, troubleshoot and improve general office systems and facility services
● Support team members on logistics for development, policy, membership, and capacity-building events, programs, forums, and internal meetings
● Prepare and maintain reports and documentation needed for routine accounting tasks, including semi-monthly payroll
● Produce and/or maintain organizational records for compliance, recordkeeping, annual audit, and archiving
● Support Senior Management Team in annual budgeting process
● Assist external accounting consultants with monthly reconciliation and closing processes
● Support efforts to optimize organization’s CRM systems
● Maintain records of vendor and consultant contracts and steward relationships with outside service providers
● Also, additional duties as agreed to with the Vice President, Finance & Operations.
Ideal Skills & Experience
● At least two years of professional work experience or a combination of training and experience.
● Familiarity with accounting and payroll applications (QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Paychex)
● Familiarity with human resources functions including payroll, employee benefits, performance management, and onboarding
● Strong problem-solving skills, along with a demonstrated ability to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
● Proficiency in office and web-based applications including G-Suite, Asana, Slack, and Zoom
● Familiarity with Salesforce
● Demonstrated interest in Nonprofit New York’s mission
● Commitment to personal growth on issues of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility
● Effective time, task, and project management
● Clear communication skills – both written and verbal
● Demonstrated success working in a team and developing effective working relationships
● Ability to integrate an understanding of racial equity concepts into work projects, team building, and one-on-one interactions
● Ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities and successfully manage multiple projects at once
● Integrity, respect for confidentiality, and discretion
● Sense of humor a plus
SALARY: $50,000 to $60,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Excellent working environment and generous benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, paid-time off, sick days, 401(k) retirement plan with 5% match contributions).
HIRING PRACTICES: Nonprofit New York is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic(s), arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status, credit history, unemployment status, veteran status, protected activity, uniformed service or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is primarily a sedentary role. However, the person in this position may need to occasionally move about inside the office to liaise with internal staff and access files and office machinery. We anticipate that this position will be expected to work in the office at least two days a week and remotely the remainder of the time.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS: This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected] Please use the subject line: “Operations Coordinator”. No phone calls please. Candidates will be notified if we are seeking an interview. Due to the high volume of responses that we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all inquiries. Prior to hire, candidates must complete at least two interviews. Interviews will include multiple staff members. Please inform us within an ample time period prior to the interview of accommodation(s) needed.
Nonprofit New York
We champion and strengthen the nonprofit sector through capacity building and advocacy to cultivate a unified, just, and powerful sector.
- New York, NY 10017
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org