Coordinator of Global Classroom
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Education, Other|
One To World, Inc. (OTW) is a not-for-profit membership organization whose mission is to foster intercultural understanding by creating face-to-face experiences among local communities, international students, and Fulbright scholars. OTW’s flagship program, Global Classroom, selects and trains international college and university students and scholars to become “Global Guides.” With the support of the Global Classroom staff, Global Guides lead workshops in K-12 schools and after-schools in the NYC-area. Global Classroom’s workshops are thematic, interactive and globally-focused.
OTW is seeking a Coordinator of Global Classroom. The Coordinator works with the Director of Global Classroom and a team of interns to deliver OTW’s Global Classroom program.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in related field preferred
▪ At least one year of experience teaching or leading youth groups in the U.S.
▪ Experience with a diverse range of ages (8-21 years old) preferred
▪ Experience in under-resourced schools or after-school programs preferred
▪ Experience in curriculum development and/or lesson planning
▪ Experience with collecting and analyzing data
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, intercultural)
▪ International experience (work, study or living) or experience working with diverse cultures
▪ Familiar in PowerPoint and Excel Preferred
▪ English language fluency
YOU ARE: • Sensitive to cultural diversity and aware of cross-cultural and global issues
• Passionate about working with youth
• Creative, innovative, strategic and resourceful
• Highly energetic, enthusiastic and willing to work overtime: evenings and weekends when needed
1. Program Delivery and Evaluation (40%)
▪ Lead globally-themed and project-based programs for K-12 students, including teaching, co-facilitating with our “Global Guides” (trained international students) and classroom management
▪ Support Global Guides from a range of cultures with differing English proficiency levels to develop and implement their workshops
▪ Coordinate and schedule Global Guide assignments with schools and after-schools; liaise with Global Guides regarding workshop content, transportation and other information
▪ Conduct in-school orientations and meetings with teachers, after-school staff and school administrators
▪ Lead Global Classroom youth programs virtually if required
▪ Lead in person and virtual professional development trainings alongside Director of Global Classroom
▪ Program documentation and evaluation
2. Curriculum Development (30%)
▪ Adapt lesson plans and materials to meet the needs of K-12 students
▪ Develop new, globally-themed curriculum that reflects student and school interest, current events and hot topics
▪ Provide support to educators or customers accessing Global Classroom standard or customized curriculum
3. Selection, Training and Scheduling of International Students, known as “Global Guides” (20%)
▪ Manage Global Guide application and selection process, selecting a diverse group of 30-40 new Global Guides each semester
▪ Assist in the development and facilitation of the Global Guide training
▪ Coordinate the scheduling of Global Guides to facilitate workshops in local schools and after-schools
4. Program Development, etc. (10%)
▪ Develop marketing materials
▪ Other duties, as necessary
TO APPLY: Please email a thoughtful email with your resume and salary requirements to: Adana Wright, Director of Global Classroom, at [email protected] Please use the subject “Coordinator of Global Classroom Candidate – First & Last Name” in your email. No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the first review taking place on October 25, 2021.
Please note that this position is temporarily remote to return to hybrid later this year.
It is the policy of One To World not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, training, layoff and termination.
One To World, Inc.
- 307 7th Avenue Suite 604
- New York, NY 10001
- United States
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com