|Job Category:||Administrative, Communications, Other, Programs/Services, Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Education, Human Services, Other|
About NYC Kids RISE:
The NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program is a universal, community-driven wealth-building platform that expands access to mainstream financial products, puts real financial assets in the hands of low-income families and communities of color, regardless of their immigration status, provides financial education for families and students, and brings schools and communities together to support all of their children’s futures. In the middle of our fourth year of operations, operating in the geographic area of School District 30 in Queens – one of the most diverse school districts in the country, more than 13,000 students (~95% of all Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Graders) have a NYC Scholarship Account with more than $5.5M accumulated to date. NYC Kids RISE is currently working with partners to expand to additional school districts this Fall with the expectation that the Save for College Program will be citywide.
Through the Program, every student enrolled in a participating NYC public (district or charter) elementary school, starting in kindergarten, automatically receives an NYC Scholarship Account invested in the NY 529 Direct Plan plan with a $100 seed deposit and up to $200 in early rewards. Their families can open and connect their own college savings account (separate from the scholarship account) and start saving their own money in the ways and amounts that make sense for them, building financial capability and stability. At the same time, communities can contribute to groups of these NYC Scholarship Accounts as both a targeted and universal platform for community-driven asset-building in every neighborhood. By combining seed scholarships, family savings, community investments, and funding streams from every level, the platform can build meaningful assets for public school students. These accounts, and the accompanying program supports, enable families, schools, local organizations, businesses, anchor institutions, financial institutions, philanthropy, and the public sector to work together to build assets in students’ accounts and strengthen social capital by supporting expectations of success across the neighborhood.
NYC Kids RISE manages the Save for College Program in partnership with the NYC Department of Education and the City of New York, with founding support from the Gray Foundation.
Read more about NYC Kids RISE and the Save for College Program in Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal and the NYCHA Journal. Read more about NYC Kids RISE theory of change here in a recent report by the Urban Institute.
Position Summary: NYC Kids RISE seeks a System Administrator to administer and operate a proprietary, vendor-provided record keeping database system.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Own the everyday operations of a robust record keeping and reporting system.
- Perform daily data quality checks.
- Perform recurring data exports and imports.
- Set up and publish forms, events, custom fields, etc in a logical, scalable, maintainable fashion.
- Create queries in a proprietary query builder UI.
- Perform QA testing and oversee product updates.
- Document back-end processes and procedures.
- Ensure secure handling of very sensitive data, including compliance with FERPA and other cybersecurity regulations.
- Support growing team of system users, including provisioning access, updating permissions, answering questions, and responding to specific user issues.
- Create and maintain training documentation for system users.
- Liaise with software vendor for resolution of issues, prioritization of feature requests, etc.
- Experience administering enterprise database applications such as Salesforce, SAP, etc
- Knowledge of database technology basics
- Problem solving, strategic thinking, and attention to detail
- Experience handling data in a regulated environment
- Fluency in specific database technologies such as SQL, MySQL, and Postgres is a plus
- Experience with scripting tools is a plus
Due to COVID-19, the application process for this role will be conducted virtually. The entire team is currently working remotely and depending on the timing of this hire, the CoS will likely begin this position remotely as well. The office is otherwise based in Long Island City (Queens, NY), and the entire team is expected to return to the office once health conditions allow.
To apply, submitting a cover letter and resume to https://nyckr.applytojob.com/apply/ is
required. Please list the name of the position, “System Administrator,” in
your cover letter. Salary based on experience.
NYC Kids RISE
To apply for this job please visit nyckr.applytojob.com.