|Job Category:||Development, Programs/Services|
Nonprofit New York is committed to offering an internship program that gives emerging nonprofit leaders work experience in a nonprofit and introduces them to best practices for excellent nonprofit management. Our internship program aims to give real world work experience by involving interns projects critical to the day-to-day operations and overall vision of Nonprofit New York. Interns are an integral part of our team and are a vital part of the future of Nonprofit New York and the nonprofit community. We strive to provide a hands-on experience that gives a realistic preview of what it is like to work in the nonprofit sector. Our internship program goals include:
- Fostering appreciation for the nonprofit community
- Increasing knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Networking with nonprofit leaders
- Offering development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
This is an unpaid internship. However, we will work with students to receive school credit upon completion. We will also provide a metrocard to support with travel to and from internship.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist with implementation of membership outreach and retention plan
- Research prospective members
Learning & Resources
- Attend workshops and Learning Lab meetings when applicable; write workshop summaries and think pieces when applicable
- Research current issues and frequently asked questions in nonprofit management
Fundraising & Development
- Research prospective funders, both foundations and corporations
- Draft letters of interest to prospective funders
- Assist with corporate sponsorship outreach for the 2020 Best Nonprofit Conference and future Nonprofit New York events
Key Areas of Nonprofit Excellence
- Understand Nonprofit New York’s guiding Key Areas of Nonprofit Excellence
- Research, write, and edit Key Areas related materials
Strategy & Learning
- Participate in creative thinking and blue sky sessions
The Nonprofit New York internship program runs for 10 weeks each summer: June 15 – August 14, 2020 Mondays – Thursdays.
- The Nonprofit New York internship program runs for 10 weeks each summer: June 15 – August 14, 2020 Mondays – Thursdays.
Qualities, Qualifications & Requirements
- Preferred education level: Senior undergraduate college student and higher
- Desire to engage in ongoing learning, both personally and professionally
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven interest in nonprofits
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and as part of a team, strong time-task management skills
- Willingness to contribute thoughts to ongoing conversations
- Sense of humor
Organizationally, we have made a commitment to our personal and collective growth on issues of inclusion and racial equity. Our organizational values, which are centered on equity:
- Building community: member-centered, sector-powered, directness, kindness
- Learning culture: curiosity, innovation, iteration, reflection, fun, trust, openness
- Practicing excellence: quality, accessibility, reflection, collaboration, transparency, relentlessness
Please send the following to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: “Summer 2020 Internship”. No phone calls please.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample that answers the following questions:
What are your learning and professional goals?
- If you are 100% successful in this internship, what would that look like for you and for our organization?
- Tell us about a project you are proud of.
- School/credit requirements for internship completion.
Nonprofit New York
A relentless, collective force for good.
- 320 E 43rd Street, 3rd Floor
- New York, NY 10017
- Phone: (212) 502-4191
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com