Director of Development
|Job Sectors:||International/Foreign Affairs, Other|
The Position: Director of Development (Full-Time, Exempt Position)
Direct reports: Senior Philanthropic Advisor, Grant Writer, Strategic Partnerships Manager,
Location: US HQ, New York City, with 30% of time committed to traveling outside of NYC
Reports to: President
Start Date: April 15, 2020
The Director of Development serves on the Nomi Management Team. Reporting directly to the
President and collaborating with the Board of Directors, the Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Nomi Network’s fundraising activities including, major gifts, campaigns, special events, and donor development. The Director works closely with the President to set and execute annual fundraising targets and strategy.
Our mission is to Nomi Network’s vision is a world without slavery where every woman can know her full potential. Our mission is to create economic opportunities for survivors and women at risk of human trafficking by equipping them with leadership, entrepreneurship, and production skills to become financially independent.
Nomi Network is a nonprofit organization and US 501(c)(3) public charity. Our nonprofit status allows us to stay focused on our high level mission is training 100,000 women and impacting their families in the next 5 years.
We are a fast paced social enterprise and comparable to a start-up tech company in many ways. Our structure is horizontal and we are highly driven by our core values: fun, energetic, passionate, charismatic, change-makers. Many say that we are like a family, and often times the term “Nomi family” is used at all levels of the organization.
- Help develop and manage Nomi Network’s annual fundraising budget
- Develop and manage the development pipeline
- Empower and manage the development team to meet revenue goals
- Partner with the CFO to ensure accuracy of financial position and projections
- Meet current and prospective donors on a continual basis, establishing positive relationships and communication with donors regarding the organization
- Attend conferences to establish strategic partnerships with potential donors
- Plan and supervise the execution of special events and campaigns, including the Annual Gala and Holiday Campaign
- Plan and supervise the execution of Vision Trips
- Provide oversight for fundraising activities on behalf of the organization taken on by the Young Professionals Board and other supporters
- Oversee grant-seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about Nomi Network
- Attend Board Development Committee meetings
- Supervise Development Department staff, ensuring that staff members have the support and accountability needed to execute their job functions
- Meet on a regular basis with the President to report on activities and outcomes
- Work with President, leadership team, and Board of Directors to evolve the current fundraising strategy
Performance Metrics Outcomes
The Director of Development’s performance will be evaluated on the following outcomes:
In the first fiscal year:
- Secure a minimum of $750,000 in new funding for the organization
- Secure 10 high multi-year funding opportunities
- Secure and meet with 5 of major donors per week
- Number of new large leads generated through the Vision Trip
- Meet fundraising targets for Gala, Holiday Campaign, and other special events
- Development Team’s ability to meet targets for revenue, new leads, and proposals won
If this job gets your belly excited, we’d love to hear from you!
- Are enthusiastically committed to the vision, mission and core values of Nomi Network and possess compassion and respect for survivors and women at risk of human trafficking.
- Enjoy working in a diverse, creative, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Share with us a respect for diverse backgrounds and voices and a commitment to inclusion and equity
- Have demonstrated success in senior fundraising role in social justice nonprofit organization, as well as a strong track record in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors at all levels, particularly major gift donors
- Have familiarity with, love for, experience with, an/or training in the social justice or related institutions
- Have significant experience working with nonprofit boards and senior management
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have an outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal skills, and excel at engaging donors and soliciting major gifts in person and in writing
- Have proven success applying team-building, management, and collaboration skills
- Have the ability to take initiative and step forward to work with others to identify organizational needs and address them proactively and collaboratively
- Have technology and computer skills sufficient to meet the demands of the job, including Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Wealth Engine
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills – you do not miss deadlines
- Detail-oriented and an excellent organizer of events, programs, and data
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of five years of development experience with increasing responsibility in a nonprofit organization
- Flexibility to attend events on evenings and weekends such as lectures, stewardship activities and fundraisers
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and strategies
- Ability to read and understand financial statements and budgets
- Ability to articulate and understand organizations goals and needs
- Strong people manager skills that mentor, motivate, inspire and hold direct reports accountable
Salary: Competitive with Tri-State Market
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 8 paid holidays plus paid time off from December 24 to January 1, every year!
- Medical Health insurance
- 401K with matching
- Flexible schedule; work from home as needed
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020.
Nomi Networks is unable to provide local housing or relocation assistance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – [email protected] (with “Development Director” in the subject header)
Nomi Network, Inc.