|Salary Range:||$18- $20 hourly|
The Youth Advocate will report to the Program Manager supporting the Education Program at Career in Sports High School. Primary duties will include data entry, workshop facilitation, and supporting student recruitment and retention efforts. Interested candidates MUST have availability on Monday – Thursday 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
· Associate degree with 1 – 2 years of professional work experience particularly in social services, youth development administration, or community engagement
· Strong commitment to youth socio-emotional development needs of our targeted community.
· Experience building trusting relationships and collaborative efforts with diverse individuals, youth, and community partners.
· Strong oral and written communication, time management, and organizational skills are necessary.
· Ability to interact appropriately with people from diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic, and varying cultural groups.
· Must have proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in a high-paced environment.
· Respect for the value, potential, and dignity of all program participants.
· Ensure confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Ability to work outdoors and travel throughout NYC.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
· Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and pass background and clearance checks.
Program Specific Responsibilities
· Develop and implement service-learning projects, presentations, and workshops including but not limited to college and career readiness, life skills, and social development
· Act as a liaison with participants, administrative/program staff, and parents
· Monitor/document participants’ progression towards completion of service plan goals entering progress notes into Program Data Management systems on a weekly basis
· Accurately document attendance for all program activities as required by program and agency procedures.
· Collect and maintain student data for tracking participant progress, program objectives and outcomes, and contractual requirements.
· Participate in professional development through individual and group supervision, and attendance at conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars.
· Attend and participate in organization-wide initiatives as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
· Ability to speak clearly in English
· Ability to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, for example, using a keyboard or phone
· Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
· Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time in all types of weather, including inclement weather
· Ability to bend and retrieve objects and documents
· Ability to climb five flights of stairs
New York Urban League
- 675 3rd avenue
- New York, NY 10017
- United States Of America
To apply for this job please visit www.nyul.org.