Seasonal Volunteer Coordinator
Industry: Not‐for‐Profit – Environmental
Position Length: February 2023 – November 2023
End Date: November 23rd, 2022
Schedules 40 Hours/Week
New York Restoration Project believes that access to nature is a fundamental human right. We work to ensure that all New Yorkers have equitable access to green space. For over 25 years, NYRP has invested in and stewarded parks and gardens throughout the city’s five boroughs to strengthen communities, promote food sovereignty, and counter environmental and social injustice.
The Seasonal Volunteer Coordinator (SVC) position is integral to NYRP mission and is a key liaison to connect more than 1,000 volunteers annually from NYRP’s corporate partners to our cleaning and greening work across New York City.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Development, the SVC will work with NYRP’s corporate partners to coordinate, schedule, plan and execute all volunteer engagements city-wide. The SVC will work with partner representatives and internal stakeholders to identify suitable project and sites and manage all logistics to ensure their successful execution. The SVC will manage the immediate follow up after each event to ensure volunteers are properly stewarded after their engagements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate and execute all logistics for corporate volunteer days in NYRP parks and gardens for projects ranging from 10-100 participants; provide excellent customer service to the corporate partner and smooth internal coordination with other NYRP departments.
· Process agreements, calendar invitations, invoices, waivers, material orders, and other paperwork related to the events.
· Field inquiries for information on partnership opportunities and research prospective partners.
· Create and revise custom partnership pitches and promotional tools as needed.
· Collect photos, videos, and other content to promote NYRP’s partners on social media.
· Additional responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· A bachelor’s degree
· One to two years of related experience, including development, sales, marketing, communications, special events, volunteer management, or public relations.
· Experience and comfort working with a wide range of populations, including corporate and community volunteers.
· Willingness to work on a flexible schedule and to travel throughout NYC, including occasional weekend or evening events.
· Well-developed organizational skills with a solid orientation to detail.
· A self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
· Computer experience (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva).
· Experience with a donor database (e.g., Raiser’s Edge) or CRM system (e.g. Salesforce) a plus, but not required. Willingness to learn if needed.
· Strong research and writing skills.
· Able to effectively manage multiple projects at once while working under deadlines.
· Experience in program management and events planning is strongly preferred.
· Photography, video editing, multimedia and graphic design skills a plus, but not required.
· COVID vaccination is required to be considered for the position.
The position is based out of our central office at 254 W. 31st Street, New York, NY 10001 with travel required to all five boroughs of New York City. In 2023, office staff are expected to work at least 2 days per week from the office, and the remaining 3 days are remote or at project sites.
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] or standard mail to 254 W. 31st Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001. NYRP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
New York Restoration Project
- 254 West 31st Street, 10th Floor
- New York, New York 10001
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com