Chief Financial Officer
|Job Sectors:||Other, Religious|
NYDIS is a 501(c)(3) faith-based federation of faith communities, human services providers, and charitable organizations that work in partnership to provide disaster readiness, response, and recovery services to New York City.
NYDIS is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), with immediate availability to work from our Midtown Manhattan office. The CFO reports to the Executive Director & CEO. The primary responsibilities of the CFO will center on finance management of a $14M federal and state contract – as well as NYDIS’ day-to-day accounting in collaboration with two other finance staff.
• Oversee day-to-day finance and reporting needs of NYDIS, bi-monthly payroll/benefits, month end close entries, and annual auditing, track and release restricted funds
• Review all banking, credit card, and wire transfer reconciliations for Executive Staff & Board Treasurer’s approval.
• Manage two finance staff and liaise with other support, program, and executive staff, as needed.
• Review, correct, and track monthly invoices and contract deliverables on all contracts and grants.
• Manage payroll and benefits for 40+ employees
• Ensure monthly contract billing complies with contract stipulations.
• Oversee invoice reconciliation and financial record keeping.
• Direct general QuickBooks office bookkeeping and payment management for funders and vendors.
• Track program expenditures/allocations and produce regular budget updates, cash flow, forecasts, and reports.
• Liaise with consultants and contracted services (firms/staff as needed).
• Track disaster assistance distributions to clients in collaboration with finance & program staff.
• Meet regularly with the executive staff team to review allocations and P&L statements.
• Write and present monthly financial reports and an executive summary for the Board of Directors.
• Assist Executive Director with Human Resources administration.
• Other duties may be assigned by executive staff.
• Collaborative leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate and inspire team members
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Experience working with nonprofits and/or religious institutions (preferred).
• Expert in QuickBooks and nonprofit (accrual) accounting.
• Experience managing multiple large contracts and grants simultaneously.
• Experience with fund accounting and monthly close entry
• Experienced and proficient in grant and contract reporting and backup documentation.
• Embraces and exemplifies the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Expert at Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook.
• All applicants will be given a detailed background check and narcotics drug test prior to employment. Any NYDIS staff who work in our office or directly with clients must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Education and/or Experience:
• Higher education degree is required, and accounting credentials preferred
• 3-5 years experience in a senior nonprofit finance director/executive role.
Immediate Availability. Salary range $100,000 – $120,000 commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits.
All qualified candidates should apply – candidates from ethnic and religious minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. NYDIS does not discriminate against any individual or group for reasons of age, color, creed, culture, gender, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or race.
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter, Resume & 3 Professional References to [email protected]
New York Disaster Interfaith Services (NYDIS)
- 4 West 43rd Street
- New York, NY 10036
- United States
- Phone: 2126696100
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com