The Navy League of the United States was founded in 1902 with the encouragement of President Theodore Roosevelt. The New York Council was the organization’s original council and is a founder of Fleet Week New York. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) military support organization that advocates for and supports the sea services — the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard and U.S.-flag Merchant Marine. We also believe in building a strong foundation for those services through youth programs that teach duty, honor and respect, and develop informed and responsible citizens.
The New York Council Navy League currently seeks a part-time membership coordinator to help us meet our membership retention and growth goals. This new position is a great introduction to the small-sized non-profit world.
• Help grow and diversify our membership base through programs and communications campaigns
• Increase membership retention and engagement
• Keep accurate and up-to-date membership records
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Helping develop and execute membership programs and campaigns
• Event planning, promotion and onsite coordination
• Entering, organizing and analyzing data in membership database
• Other council operations and development tasks as needed
• High school diploma required, college degree or current degree candidacy preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding phone skills
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Must be web and social media savvy, with experience making website updates and using email marketing through Constant Contact or MailChimp; proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop is a plus
• Familiarity with database management
• Must be efficient, accurate and detail-oriented
The Membership Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and will also work on projects under the supervision of the Council President and Development Director and in collaboration with the Vice President of Membership and other Board and Committee members. The position also requires interaction with members of the Council and sea service personnel at all levels.
This part-time position requires up to 20 hours per week of office time with occasional paid attendance at evening and weekend events.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by February 10, 2020.
New York Council Navy League of the United States
Citizens in support of the sea services
- 1 South St, Rm 318
- New York, NY 10004
- Phone: 212-825-7333