Seasonal Corporate Project Manager
|Job Category:||Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
We are seeking a project manager with strong donor relations skills to join our Institutional Relations Team. This role provides critical support in managing the planning and implementation of a complex employee service initiative for one of New York Cares’ high-profile corporate partners. Reporting to the Corporate Service Officer, the Seasonal Corporate Project Manager plays a major role in the connecting corporate employees with community need through 40-50 service engagements over the summer. You will be a self-starter, comfortable interfacing with internal and external parties, with a commitment to providing outstanding customer service. This position provides the opportunity to learn and contribute to a best-in-class corporate service engagement program.
- Serve as the point of contact for partner company contacts and project leaders to plan and execute their service engagements, and provide project instruction and answer questions
- Collaborate with internal program departments to ensure all deadlines are met and project planning is on schedule.
- Oversee project supply ordering and tracking throughout the summer
- Conduct weekly project supply checks at the headquarters of our corporate partner
- Lead corporate volunteer groups on-site at corporate service engagements and be able to quickly identify and solve problems if they arise.
- Use data analysis tools like Salesforce to track project attendance and employee participation for reporting to corporate partner.
- Schedule and manage busing and transportation for 6 volunteer projects throughout May/June/July
This list is not an exhaustive job description. It is meant to describe the essential duties and the range of responsibilities for the Seasonal Corporate Project Manager role. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
The successful Corporate Service Manager will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 1+ years’ experience (or high school equivalency and 2+ years’ experience) in project, event, or account management.
- Strong communication skills, with comfortability in-person, via phone and email. Interacting with stakeholders in a warm, responsive, and helpful manner.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, follow instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Desire to collaborate with team members and cross-departmentally.
- Easily and quickly build rapport and trust. Foster good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, potential clients, and partners.
- Understand social nuances, practices, and world views of people of various backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
- Able to occasionally lift materials no heavier than 25 pounds as well be prepared for prolonged standing or sitting during volunteer engagements.
- Availability to occasionally work mornings or evenings for volunteer engagements,
- Broad based computer skills including Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce and QuickBooks a plus.
Compensation and Schedule
$20 per hour, minimum 35 hours per week, mid-March through mid-August
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email to [email protected], with the subject line Seasonal Corporate Project Manager
New York Cares
- 65 Broadway, 19th Floor
- New York, New York 10006
- United States