Corporate Service Manager
|Job Category:||Development, Programs/Services, Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
About New York Cares
New York Cares exists to turn passion into action, leverage resources through partnership, and create long-lasting change across New York City. We’ve become the City’s leading volunteer management organization by adapting and responding to our most pressing community needs – from everyday challenges like food insecurity and educational inequity to relief efforts in response to 9/11 and the COVID-19 pandemic.
We foster dynamic relationships with all stakeholders by committing to our core values: equity, humanity & trust. We see value in each of our stakeholders. Be it our volunteers, donors, staff, or community partners; we know we work best when we work together. When new challenges arise, we look to our network of over 1,000 nonprofits, schools, and government agencies across the 5 boroughs to inform our response. We build trust with our 50,000 annual volunteers who give their time and skills to meet the current needs.
As we grow our team, we are committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. New York Cares is dedicated to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, finds a place of belonging, and brings their authentic self to work.
About the Institutional Relations Team
The Corporate Service Manager is part of a highly motivated fundraising team, focused on securing revenue to support New York Cares’ programs. The team consists of an Institutional Relations Director, Corporate Service Officer, (2) Corporate Relations Officers, and (2) Corporate Service Managers. This creative and dynamic team always strives to come up with innovative ways to engage corporations in our work and invest in our programs, strategies, and visions.
About the Corporate Service Manager
We are seeking an exemplary project manager with strong donor relations skills to join our Institutional Relations Team. This role provides critical support in reaching the aggressive revenue goals of the development team. Reporting to the Corporate Service Officer, the Corporate Service Manager is responsible for co-managing a 40+ account portfolio of New York Cares corporate partners. They will help run our volunteer service program for employees from partnering companies by overseeing several hundred volunteer projects from initial conception through close every year. The Corporate Service Manager has the potential to collaborate on cross-departmental committees, participate in long-term team planning, and develop new skills in fundraising operations.
The Corporate Service Manager will report to the Corporate Service Officer, and work closely with the Corporate Relations Officers, Institutional Relations Director, other Corporate Service Manager, and Programs team. The Corporate Service Manager will correspond directly with corporate partners.
- Serve as the point of contact for partner companies to plan and execute their service engagements, overseeing all project logistics
- Lead corporate volunteer groups on-site at corporate service engagements and be able to quickly identify and solve problems if they arise.
- Build meaningful corporate partner relationships through stewardship efforts such as well-planned communication of New York Cares programs and volunteer opportunities, as well as provide regular recognition of volunteer efforts.
- Collaborate with program directors, officers, and coordinators regularly to coordinate corporate project planning, brainstorm program options in response to community needs, maintain and meet important deadlines, and resolve common project management problems.
- Balance deadlines and communications with concurrent projects that range from individual volunteer programs to large-scale volunteer initiatives.
- Collect and synthesize information from internal and external stakeholders to enable strategic decision-making for future corporate service engagements.
- Use data analysis tools like Salesforce to analyze qualitative or quantitative data.
- Create and share impact reports with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with multiple teammates who co-manage accounts and projects.
- Align the preferences of our partner companies with the needs of our community through written and verbal communication.
- This list is not an exhaustive job description. It is meant to describe the essential duties and the range of responsibilities for the Corporate Service Manager role. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years experience (or high school equivalency and 5+ years experience) in project, event, or account management.
- Superb communication skills, with comfortability in-person, via phone, and email. Interacting with stakeholders in a warm, responsive, and helpful manner.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, follow instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Desire to collaborate with team members and cross-departmentally.
- Easily and quickly build rapport and trust. Foster good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, potential clients, and partners.
- Takes ownership of role responsibilities. Follows through on commitments and obligations. Executes through completion.
- Face problems with a solutions-focused mindset.
- Understand social nuances, practices, and world views of people of various backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
- Able to occasionally lift materials no heavier than 25 pounds as well be prepared for prolonged standing or sitting during volunteer engagements.
- Availability to occasionally work mornings, evenings, and weekends for volunteer engagements
- Broad-based computer skills including Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce and QuickBooks a plus.
- Knowledge of corporate giving trends or the NYC nonprofit community is a plus.
Starting salary range in the mid $40k’s. Salary is just one component of New York Cares total compensation package. We offer generous paid leave including a winter holiday break, self-care days, and summer Fridays; comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; access to thousands of elearning courses; tax advantage accounts including a 403b Thrift Plan, FSA and much more.
New York Cares is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are deeply committed to building a workplace where diversity equity and inclusion are valued and prioritized. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
How to Apply
Apply via Indeed
New York Cares
- 65 Broadway
- New York, New York 10006