Corporate Engagement Officer
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
A crucial member of the Institutional Relations team, the Engagement Officer, Corporate Relations, works with the corporate team on donor solicitation, stewardship efforts, project management of annual events, and volunteer service programs for employees from partnering companies by overseeing several hundred volunteer projects from initial conception through close of every year. The Manager will grow and manage relationships within a portfolio of 100+ corporate partners to raise more than $1 Million+ for community-based programs through our annual events and corporate engagement activities. The ideal candidate will be a strategy-focused, collaborative fundraiser with a drive to build new funding streams.
- In partnership with the Director, advances equitable fundraising and funding practices .
- Oversee annual events cross departmental collaboration by defining financial goals and maintaining the project management of the Coat Drive, Stand with Students, Equity Through Service, Winter Wishes, and Cares Day
- Hold internal stakeholders accountable for deliverables .
- Oversee the Annual Events pipeline, from creating email sequences and crafting proposals to finalizing details for handoff to the Production Team
- With the corporate fundraising team, set fundraising goals
- Maintain the project management structure for the development division
- Maintain a personal portfolio of 100+ corporate donors and prospects with specific financial goals, outreach, and solicitation strategies, and Activities will include:
- Create pitches, write proposals, and lead pitch meetings for new and existing corporate partners.
- Negotiate corporate partnerships to ensure mutually beneficial
- Manage year-round partnership execution
- Act as a lead staff member on corporate employee service projects throughout the year (1-2 times per month during the regular season and once per week during the summer)
- Execute administrative tasks such as prospect research and tracking, acknowledgment process and report pulling.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned.
We seek a motivated, creative thinker with direct fundraising experience, who is passionate about engaging corporations to help us achieve our program goals and help them execute their community investment strategies. Successful candidates will possess:
- 2+ years’ experience in project management and fundraising, sales, and/or account management experience.
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written). Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with high attention to detail and track record of successfully managing concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and industry trends.
- A desire to constantly improve processes and methods, and a willingness to be flexible when opportunities arise.
- Committed team player with strong record of collaboration.
- Entrepreneurial – willing to try new approaches and refine when needed.
- Excellent task, time and project management skills, ability to set goals and objectives, and use tools to update projections regularly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Experience using Salesforce.org, Mailchimp, Apollo, and/or similar technical systems preferred.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Experience with donor solicitation and fundraising techniques, sales, communications, and marketing. Demonstrated analytical skills related to complex donor research.
Mid 50’s to low 60’s
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email to [email protected], with the subject line Engagement Officer, Corporate Relations
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
New York Cares
- 65 Broadway, 19th FLoor
- New York, New York 10006
- United States